Leaked Doc: VZW Might Have New Unlimited Talk & Text Prepaid Plan February 1st

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-prepaid-unlimited-talk-text-plan-vzw-feb-1.jpg

If this freshly leaked Verizon training doc is legitimate, then Big Red is likely to have a new Unlimited Talk & Text Prepaid Plan that is actually a better value than the old plan. Shock and awe! :blink:

As you can see in the pic above several new plans offer more data for less dollars than previous grandfathered plans (at least when you are referring to "prepaid plans.") Here's the scoop:
  • Unlimited talk and text messaging starting at $60 per month for a plan that includes 500MB of data
  • Unlimited talk and text messaging starting at $70 per month for a plan that includes 2GB of data
  • An additional $20 dollar per/month charge for each 1GB of data beyond these limits
Please keep in mind, that the Verizon prepaid plans only operate on their 3G Network, so if you were hoping to cruise with your LTE on a cheaper plan, that doesn't apply here. Regardless, for folks who were already on the previous plan, which was $80 bucks per month for 1GB of data, you can now get an additional 1GB of data, and pocket another $10 bucks per month. According to the leaked info, this plan is likely to take effect on February 1st.

I wonder what marketing pressure is causing this particular act of benevolence from Big Red?

Source: PhoneArena

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Let's see if I can grasp this concept. Crappy 3g phones. 3g by verizon's own admission will be phased out soon (4g to be fully deployed by end of next year). Did I mention ugly phones. Who would want 3g vs. 4g when given a choice, or step backwards too save a buck. Did I mention phones that not even your grandma would want.

Nut-in-shell, Verizon marketing ploy to show they have a soul. Knowing few will bite.

Did I mention phones with 5 year old design and tech.

aliens don't use razr's, they use obsidian.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Is it just me or do your guys's stomachs still turn looking at these prices?? We pay over $200/month for 3 phones.... I am so so sick of this... I am very ready to cancel and pay the ETF and go with boost after a few months it's only $35/month unlimited everything.......

jseah

Reaction score
Is it just me or do your guys's stomachs still turn looking at these prices?? We pay over $200/month for 3 phones.... I am so so sick of this... I am very ready to cancel and pay the ETF and go with boost after a few months it's only $35/month unlimited everything.......

And whenever I see prices like these, I'm glad I got onto the Talk Text and Data promo when it was available. With 5 lines with unlimited data, my average price per line is $42 per month, and this is after all applicable taxes and fees. Granted, those 5 lines has to share 1400 minutes, but we hardly use the phone for calls, so the voice minutes are effectively unlimited for us since we never go over the allotment.