Leaked Sprint Promo Doc Suggests They Might Offer New Plans to Compete with T-Mo

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-leaked-new-plans.jpg

It looks like T-Mobile may not be the only U.S. carrier to offer new pricing plans. A leaked internal promotional document details some possible new pricing plans from The Now Network: Sprint. The new plans seem a bit overly complicated, which could lead to confusion amongst customers. From what we can gather from the doc, Sprint will not be replacing thier current "Unlimited Everything Plans" but instead will simply be adding some new alternatives.

The new plans are called "Unlimited, My Way," and they operate on the idea that "the more you add, the more you save." Here's a simple breakdown:
  • One line of unlimited talk and text is $50 per month
  • Two lines are $40 each
  • Three lines are $30 each
  • Four-ten lines are $20 each
  • Adding on unlimited data will set you back $30 per month
  • Alternatively you can just add 1GB for $20 per month
  • There is also a package called "My All-In Plan" - This one includes unlimited talk, text, and data, plus 5GB of hotspot data for $110 per month
If you do some of the math, for an individual who wants Unlimited Everything on one line and no mobile hotspot it will cost $50+$30 = $80 per month. Conversely, if you are family of four who doesn't want mobile hotspot, it will cost you $50+$30 = $80 for the first line with unlimited data; then add $20x3 = $60 for the other lines; then add $30x3 = $90 for unlimited data on the other lines; for a grand total of $80+$60+$90 = $230.

What do you guys think? Are Sprint's potential new leaked plans a good enough value to compete with T-Mobile?

Source: PhoneArena

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Not $230 but $260. Its not $20 × 3, but $40 + $30 +$20 making it $90 for the 3 additional lines.
$50 +$40+$30+$20 =$140 for the talk and text.
$30×4 =$120 for data.
$260 total.
that's how I read it.

compare that to Verizon share everything.....
4 smartphones@ $40= $160
10 GB SHARED data=$100.
$260 gets you unlimited everything with Sprint and Verizon has restrictions. 10 GB between 4 people is not a lot. If Verizon wasnt something I had to do, Sprints plan eould sound intetesting, especially in a couple of years when my 2 dumbphone middle schoolers will "have to have" smartphones.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That looks like WAY too much math for me this late.