Sprint Officially Announces New Carrier Plans and Unlimited Guarantee

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was one who always shook my head at people who really needed more than 2 gigs...

Now, I don't NEED more (I have unlimited), but I'm digging Google Currents because it downloads daily offline content of a lot of popular blogs/sites. That app alone has run-up nearly 1 gig in a week. Granted, you can set to d/l on wifi only but when you travel you might not have wifi.

Love the Google Currents app, by the way. Now I always have something to read on the plane or subway. Google News & Weather has also done about 1/4 gig in a week (I'm thinking maybe it's the images). That one I don't believe you can set to sync on wifi only.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once they roll out a real network, then I am there, but till then, they can sell unlimited all they want, with no network to back up their plans, what is the use anyways. Another desperate move by Sprint to get customers, same as T-Mobile.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was one who always shook my head at people who really needed more than 2 gigs...

Now, I don't NEED more (I have unlimited), but I'm digging Google Currents because it downloads daily offline content of a lot of popular blogs/sites. That app alone has run-up nearly 1 gig in a week. Granted, you can set to d/l on wifi only but when you travel you might not have wifi.

Love the Google Currents app, by the way. Now I always have something to read on the plane or subway. Google News & Weather has also done about 1/4 gig in a week (I'm thinking maybe it's the images). That one I don't believe you can set to sync on wifi only.
I also use Google Currents app, and yes it is fantastic, but it does NOT use 1 gig in a week to upload new content, plus there is no reason to not have it set to only upload new content over wifi, and when the need arises that there is no wifi available, all you have to do is refresh the app while on LTE, or set it to upload content wile on LTE, 1 Gig a week to load new content, yea OK, LOL.

KaChow

Reaction score
Yup as always...its the coverage man, the coverage. Kids mother has been thru Sprint, T Mobile, Boost...and they all suck for her. Her only options are AT&T and Verizon.....AT&T might be her best bet as Verizon is gonna be too much for her. Maybe we can find a steller phone on Sprint that works good as a phone.

Some might think ppl that talk on the phone is a dying breed...but when it comes to important things, if you have kids....if that cell phone is the only phone in the house....service, coverage, a reliable phone is a matter of life n death. Still trying to talk her into getting a house phone, but I think most phones now connect to cable modems? Hope not...

It is all about the coverage. I went through 3 AirRaves femtocells, with the last one was free with no charge for monthly service complementary from Sprint, which even with added coverage support I could only get 3 bars standing next to it in my house and only 1 bar in the kitchen. This was unacceptable living 15 minutes from Philly. While the security blanket of EVERYTHING Unlimited including HotSpot it was over-priced for what it was.

While I kept it out with apps like Roam Control and Verizon prl swaps, it was too much of a hassle. For those that can benefit from Sprint then all the power to you. While Sprint can guarantee UNLIMITED they cannot guarantee COVERAGE. If Sprint really wanted to set the stage with their plans, the plan should be UNLIMITED NO CONTRACTS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
1 Gig a week to load new content, yea OK, LOL.

Well, cachemate clears my cache nightly, so that might be why. 1gig is what my Data usage monitor said for the week. I have probably 15-20 sources on there that I follow.

I have unlimited data, so it updates daily wherever I am, whether it's wifi or LTE. Not sure how to set it to auto-refresh a certain time of day.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
And LOL, I wonder how long before Sprint users argue "well, I paid for unlimited so I can tether and use MY data that I paid for as I see fit"...despite expressly stating it doesn't include tether.

Also, I'd be skeptical of "unlimited for life"...definitely something to read the fine print on. Although one day it's all going to be unlimited, and even your cable and home broadband will be delivered to your house wirelessly.