[New!!!][ROM] D1-MIUI-1.1.7.0

juniorjwh

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with the stock theme, and even worse with sauve hd theme.

I blew EVERYTHING away and now it seems stable.

The launcher is fcing pretty frequently now. I will be on the browser and not even doing anything launcher related and it will fc.

I did a acatlog and here is the lines when it closed. Let me know if you want the whole log
01-12 11:56:36.140 E/AndroidRuntime( 5416): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
01-12 11:56:36.155 W/ActivityManager( 1113): Force finishing activity com.android.launcher/com.android.launcher2.Launcher
01-12 11:56:37.093 D/dalvikvm( 3876): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 11609 objects / 1005960 bytes in 38ms
01-12 11:56:40.046 I/Process ( 5416): Sending signal. PID: 5416 SIG: 9
01-12 11:56:40.194 I/ActivityManager( 1113): Process com.android.launcher (pid 5416) has died.
01-12 11:56:40.194 I/ActivityManager( 1113): Low Memory: No more background processes.
01-12 11:56:40.288 D/dalvikvm( 6399): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 15237 objects / 1091120 bytes in 58ms
01-12 11:56:41.657 W/KeyCharacterMap( 6399): Can't open keycharmap file
01-12 11:56:41.663 W/KeyCharacterMap( 6399): Error loading keycharmap file '/system/usr/keychars/qtouch-touchscreen.kcm.bin'. hw.keyboards.65538.devname='qtouch-touchscreen'
01-12 11:56:41.663 W/KeyCharacterMap( 6399): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hoppermi

Reaction score
Your the lucky one! What I was doing to test was opening up a bunch of stuff, browser, mms, gmail, tapatalk, etc. and just hit home to keep program in memory. Then mess w/ my desktop, adding widgets and such and it would FC in the background. According to this weeks release notes, if you can get past the engrish it appears that they addressed this in Friday's update.

Just a few students with the development team meeting, send notice seems a bit late, sorry.

This week focused on performance optimization and stability, it was a lot of problems for the 1.1.7 version has been fixed.

Gallery Thumbnail fix the problem loading strobe
Reduce desktop, animation, memory usage charge (desktop to 7 screen, for example, the optimized desktop, running in the background compared to the extreme, the largest savings of about 15M memory; charging animation compared to the previous reduction of about 20M memory.)
Some phones start repairing FC starter problem

FC fix the problem online list theme
Milestone repair shoot video too long to resolve the problem restart

There are some fixes and new features, not listed, and so on Friday a complete list of fully defined terms under it.
This topic from the Mr.L in yesterday 22:53 set highlight

publicanimal

Reaction score
Perhaps a disclaimer should be added to the OP that certain themes may cause issues. Though it seems like a no brainer that one would at least consider that their problems could be theme related before complaining about issues with the ROM.

IF there is a problem with themes, does it have anything to do with the new theme format? Either:
new format = bad
or
old format = bad on new releases

I agree, it's likely either one or the other. My guess is old format = bad on new releases. I rarely use themes though as I am quite happy with the look and feel of the default theme.

According to this weeks release notes, if you can get past the engrish it appears that they addressed this in Friday's update.

Reduce desktop, animation, memory usage charge (desktop to 7 screen, for example, the optimized desktop, running in the background compared to the extreme, the largest savings of about 15M memory; charging animation compared to the previous reduction of about 20M memory.)
Some phones start repairing FC starter problem

FC fix the problem online list theme
Milestone repair shoot video too long to resolve the problem restart

I can't get past the engrish. :D

Last edited:

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Jam I know your probably tired of hearing from me and about note to self and car home not working. but I use them ask the time. so fyi its note working on this version.

publicanimal

Reaction score
Jam I know your probably tired of hearing from me and about note to self and car home not working. but I use them ask the time. so fyi its note working on this version.

I'm not sure about note to self, but Car Home is intentionally not included with Miui and hasn't been for as long as I can remember (several months).

You can download Car Home from the Market and it will work when you put your phone in the Car Dock, but an icon won't show on the home screen. For an icon to show in the home screen you need to have the CarHomeLauncher.apk in the /system/app folder (with the appropriate permissions). You can pull the apk from any other Droid ROM.

If by "note to self" you are referring to the Voice Search command to send an email to yourself, you must download Voice Search from the Market for this. Similar to Car Home, this has been the case for several months and isn't likely to change.

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
Maybe its a placebo effect, but u just reset to default theme and the phone itself feels more responsiveand faster. I only have the icons theme applied

texstar420

Reaction score
Where do I put this to get it to show as a short cut ?

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

note to self still force closes, and I forgot to add carhomelaucher...

Perhaps a disclaimer should be added to the OP that certain themes may cause issues. Though it seems like a no brainer that one would at least consider that their problems could be theme related before complaining about issues with the ROM.

Ill add a note in the op

Last edited:

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I dont think its the themes :rolleyes:

hoppermi

Reaction score
Yeah tp4bama, its not the theme, its what this build is doing w/ the theme. ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk