[New!!!][ROM] D1-MIUI-1.1.7.0

iWordplay

Reaction score
is there a way to get rid of the new MIUI search? it doesn't work, and I'd rather use the Google search for default search button.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Z

ZeroBarrier

the MIUI included File Explorer - has anyone used this app and turned on 'PC Sync'? this a cool feature when you do not have your usb cable handy. If you turn on the service and leave it plugged in charging no where near your PC you could technically push & pull files to your SD Card. Thought this was a cool feature instead of always connecting the phone to the PC every time you want to look at your SD Card...

Not sure if it works with adb....

adbWireless from the Android Market works in the same manner for adb; and with adb you can push/pull to anywhere on your phone (including /sdcard).

I thought this thread was to comment on features and shortcomings of this rom. I was not begging and am offended at your tone. If you have nothing to offer me, I'd appreciate if you start ignoring my posts. Don't know what is in my posts that pisses you off but it's not warranted. So get off your high horse and my back. I didnt ask for your help and you're in no mood to offer any.

Yikes, another one of these sensitive people.

I'm not pissed (do my post seem like that of an angry person sceaming at the top of his lungs?), I haven't offended you (unless you get offended by being corrected time and time again; I know, it hurts the ego), and I'm not on a high horse, you just have to pick yourself off the ground because you've fallen (and you can't get up, oh noes!!!).

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Stop bickering back and forth or I'll lock the thread!

Im looking into replacing the MIUI global search, also for those having random reboots, try another theme or revert to stock, I'm sure your reboots will go away, I have pinpointed some issues with miui and some themes

Tech Talk: some themes are leaking pngs into ram at a fast pace filling ram and causing a reboot, im not sure of the exact cause of the issues, maybe some themers are not reapplying 9patch to .9.pngs they theme. Maybe their themed pngs are too large. Either way I'll look more into this.

coverton341

Reaction score
So, I went to stock and the reboot during charge went away, thanks guys. Next up, I saw in an earlier post that someone was having issues updating apps. The advice given was to delete data and cache from the advanced section of the recovery menu then delete dalvik cache and reinstall the ROM. Anyway, I was having the same issue so I did what was suggested and it fixed the problem for a bit but tonight some apps needed an update and I tried but it just rebooted my phone as soon as they tried to install. Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling or should I just wait until the next iteration of MIUI? Thanks

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So, I went to stock and the reboot during charge went away, thanks guys. Next up, I saw in an earlier post that someone was having issues updating apps. The advice given was to delete data and cache from the advanced section of the recovery menu then delete dalvik cache and reinstall the ROM. Anyway, I was having the same issue so I did what was suggested and it fixed the problem for a bit but tonight some apps needed an update and I tried but it just rebooted my phone as soon as they tried to install. Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling or should I just wait until the next iteration of MIUI? Thanks

I bet you were using the rage theme when you experienced the reboot during charge, correct?

for the installing app issue i recommend wiping data and cache manually from recovery > paritions menu

format /data/
format /cache/

coverton341

Reaction score

I bet you were using the rage theme when you experienced the reboot during charge, correct?

for the installing app issue i recommend wiping data and cache manually from recovery > paritions menu

format /data/
format /cache/

Actually I was using BlissSuave. :)

If I manually wipe data and cache from the partition menu will that force me to redownload everything?

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

format /data/
format /cache/

If I manually wipe data and cache from the partition menu will that force me to redownload everything?

yea it will :(

coverton341

Reaction score

format /data/
format /cache/

yea it will :(

I guess I'll just suffer with no updates or new apps until the next MIUI. Thanks anyway jam.

loveubuntu

Reaction score
Contact pics are not pulled in direct dial shortcuts. They did in 12.31 and 24. Menu-editing mode-add-shortcut-direct dial

Works for me.

hmmmm, this is frustrating. Most of my contacts have lost their picture hence no show in the direct dial shortcut. However, if I click one to dial, the picture shows up in the dialing screen. Anyone else having this problem? check your contacts to see if pics are still there.

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
is there a way to get rid of the new MIUI search? it doesn't work, and I'd rather use the Google search for default search button.

I went to the market and installed Google Search and that did it for me.

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
Reboots and FC and hangs oh my

I was having some trouble with random reboots, force closes and occasional system hangs that ended with a reboot.

I decided to try installing a different kernel and all is suddenly better. I went with Slayher's 900MHz and I haven't seen any more problems.

No Theme here (yet).

Last edited:

iWordplay

Reaction score

I've done that already and can't seem to make Google search the default action when you push the search button. can I?

opquiros2

Reaction score

I've done that already and can't seem to make Google search the default action when you push the search button. can I?

You have to install like a zip file