Liberty Bug Report Thread!

jdhas

Reaction score
I have been getting random reboots and hard freezes which require a battery pull several times a day. I've tried every solution I could find, including SBF'ing to stock .340 and reflashing Liberty, formatting the sd card, even wiping the dalvik cache. I always wipe data/cache. I eventually broke down and tried flashing a different rom (Apex) and I haven't had a hard freeze or reboot since. I love Liberty, so I'll keep trying, but I use my phone constantly for work and can't be missing calls.

Ditto.

10 chars

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Can we get an Email fix. I want my Yahoo and other Gmail accounts in one spot, the email folder/app

kilahimm

Reaction score
Try k9 it should fit your needs.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jdhas

Reaction score
Enhanced Email is also shaping up to be pretty sweet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Brotherjay72

Reaction score
I'm having an odd issue. It's happened twice today. But sometimes when I turn screen off and go to turn it back on it won't turn back on. It freezes with the screen incredibly dim.where out looks like the screen is off unless you loo ok extremely close. Have to battery pull.

I have had this issue with liberty 1.0, 1.5, rubix and gummyjar. All of the roms running on the gummyjar base. Tried doing factory resets etc, but always ends up coming back. Anyone else had this problem? I know I've heard others have the same issue, anyone know a fix?

I'm currently having identical problems and also had gummyjar. Anyone else??

I'm having this problem as well. Thought it was from OC'n but went back to stock settings and still have this problem. Starting to become annoying because I love this ROM , but I feel like a douche in front of my iHone friends when I'm batt pulling! Again LOVE this ROM, but may try Darkslide or Apex

glacious

Reaction score
Any word on this? Screen won't come back on, sometimes followed by random reboots.

MonkFSU

Reaction score
Phone Freeze

I have had that issue of the phone locking up with a dim screen a few times. Usually though if i wait then it will fix itself, i have only had to do the bat pull once with this issue, but yes it can be annoying sometimes.

DroiDon

Reaction score
I installed the UD theme from the liberty toolbox and now im having market issues. If I download or update any of my apps, it either wont download or it wont install .

If I just click to update and close the market and come back, I see its trying to download but it doesn't. I have to 'babysit' the download by restarting it, then watch the download in the notification window. From this point, it will just sit on 100% and not install. How do I get around this? Is this an issue with the themed market in the UD theme?

MonkFSU

Reaction score
I installed the UD theme from the liberty toolbox and now im having market issues. If I download or update any of my apps, it either wont download or it wont install .

If I just click to update and close the market and come back, I see its trying to download but it doesn't. I have to 'babysit' the download by restarting it, then watch the download in the notification window. From this point, it will just sit on 100% and not install. How do I get around this? Is this an issue with the themed market in the UD theme?

I had that problem once before with another rom or theme. What i did was go into the application under manage apps and either cleared cache and data or clicked uninstall update (if it is available) and it ended up working. I would try clearing the cache first and if that does not do it then clear the data.

DroiDon

Reaction score
That worked! Thanks monk! Geez I feel so stupid! Lol

MonkFSU

Reaction score
That worked! Thanks monk! Geez I feel so stupid! Lol

Haha it's all good. Thank you. I had to ask the same question on the forums awhile back cause i had just installed a rom and it was doing the same thing it was doing to you, but I was trying to install Titanium Backup so i could restore my apps and of course i was freaking out because it would not let me install TB from the market and I did not think i was going to get my apps reinstalled.

Last edited:

glacious

Reaction score
Is this issue being looked into? Anyone know any workarounds?

mikex

Reaction score
I have been getting random reboots and hard freezes which require a battery pull several times a day. I've tried every solution I could find, including SBF'ing to stock .340 and reflashing Liberty, formatting the sd card, even wiping the dalvik cache. I always wipe data/cache. I eventually broke down and tried flashing a different rom (Apex) and I haven't had a hard freeze or reboot since. I love Liberty, so I'll keep trying, but I use my phone constantly for work and can't be missing calls.

Ditto.

10 chars

Another ditto. I was getting 2-3 reboots a day, so I went to Apex and have had none. Its a shame too cause I really like this rom better. Maybe these issues will be resolved in the next version, and I can try it again.