[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
As the titles says, please report bugs starting with version 0.8 and newer of Liberty.

If possible, we'd appreciate logs to go along with reports. If you don't know how to pull one via adb, download aLogcat from the market.

Please send them to libertydevs [at] gmail and MOST importantly, include the issue in the subject or in the body of the email. I can't tell you how hard it is to dissect a log without knowing what steps were being taken or what is even being reported.

Thanks for continuing to make Liberty a great experience on DX/2 devices.

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
The only thing so far is I can't add a Facebook account, other than that beautiful.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

berto1014

Reaction score
The only thing so far is I can't add a Facebook account, other than that beautiful.

Using the market app?

I am sure he is referring to the accounts. I am having the same issue. Everything works perfect so far except adding the facebook account. Even after selected in the customizer it won't show up under accounts. I did a wipe and everything. This has been one of the ongoing issues so far with liberty.

mach330

Reaction score
I flashed it over .7 and I get a message that says the application voice commands has stopped unexpectedly and asks me to force close. When I pressforce close it just comes back and renders my phone useless. I am a big liberty fan but this sucks. I am guessing I am going to have to SBF and that is difficult because I have a mac and will have to find a friend with a pc. Let me know if I can get around this some other way.

They recommended a wipe of data.

OP
Koveleski

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I flashed it over .7 and I get a message that says the application voice commands has stopped unexpectedly and asks me to force close. When I pressforce close it just comes back and renders my phone useless. I am a big liberty fan but this sucks. I am guessing I am going to have to SBF and that is difficult because I have a mac and will have to find a friend with a pc. Let me know if I can get around this some other way.

I pre-warned people here on the forums and on twitter that a data wipe would be needed. AND if you look in the Nightlies section, on the download it says:

BEFORE INSTALLING THIS MAKE SURE YOU ARE ALREADY ON GINGERBREAD, instructions here: -link snip-. A WIPE IS REQUIRED TO INSTALL v0.8 EVEN IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON LIBERTY GINGERBREAD!! (it will prompt you to wipe after the download is finished).

So we made an effort to try and inform people before they dove in.

At this point, unless you can get into bootstrap recovery, you will need to sbf. That's what I had to do when testing an install of 0.8 over 0.7 without wiping data.

I'm sorry for your difficulties and hope that you'll take a little more caution when flashing next time and make sure to read the warnings.

Jiibus

Reaction score
Facebook account sync showed up for me once I started the app up and told it to sync with my contacts.

My issue is superuser says it needs to be updated but when I try it says "Package file was not signed correctly."

berto1014

Reaction score
Facebook account sync showed up for me once I started the app up and told it to sync with my contacts.

My issue is superuser says it needs to be updated but when I try it says "Package file was not signed correctly."

Never thought of that. I will try do the sync through the app. Thanks. As for SuperUser, I am not getting and request to update it. Are you using the app version of super user or the one that comes with the rom?

Jiibus

Reaction score

Never thought of that. I will try do the sync through the app. Thanks. As for SuperUser, I am not getting and request to update it. Are you using the app version of super user or the one that comes with the rom?

I am using the one that comes with the rom, but for whatever reason the market wants to update it. I allowed it to re-install all my apps via the google account sync.

Edit: I sent a log from aLogcat to the gmail account, Koveleski, with this issue.

Last edited:

berto1014

Reaction score
The new wallpaper that comes stock on liberty start up for the first time is not available in the liberty wallpaper screen. I access wallpaper via. long press on home screen > wallpaper > liberty wallpaper. Anyone else have this bug? I wiped and fresh installed twice for 0.8 on Droid X.

OP
Koveleski

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
The new wallpaper that comes stock on liberty start up for the first time is not available in the liberty wallpaper screen. I access wallpaper via. long press on home screen > wallpaper > liberty wallpaper. Anyone else have this bug? I wiped and fresh installed twice for 0.8 on Droid X.

We might've forgotten to add that in there. In the meantime, it's available at the following link:

http://bit.ly/jZEIz6

bassdj

SliceThemez Theme Creator
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
iamandroid.co
Whenever my phone reboots after getting done with the Liberty Customizer, it gets stuck at the boot animation. The screen is responsive underneath, but the boot animation is still going.

jrob09BHS

Reaction score
I keep getting market fc when I access "my apps" or try to view any app

nordy420

Reaction score
I keep getting market fc when I access "my apps" or try to view any app

Try settings/applications/manage applications/all/market, clear data. Exit reboot and try that.