[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

iNoMaD

Reaction score
What does the restore data do? Do you make a backup before you start that whole process? TIA[/QUOTE]
Exactly that restores data ie desktop configuration,apps texts,recent calls etc...if thats the configuration you want carried over then yes

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ryokox3

Reaction score
(6/13) v0.8

On stock rooted GB you could long press an app in the drawer and get a menu allowing you to move to home screens, uninstall, etc.

On Liberty 0.7 you could long press an app on the home screen and get a similar menu that would allow you to get to the app properties and quickly uninstall/clear cache/ etc.

It does not look like this functionality is present in .8 unless I chose something wrong in the customizer.

kilahimm

Reaction score
The launcher changed on v.08 to Launcher2 from ADW.

(6/13) v0.8

On stock rooted GB you could long press an app in the drawer and get a menu allowing you to move to home screens, uninstall, etc.

This feature is unique to the Blur launcher which is in the customizer as of v0.8.

On Liberty 0.7 you could long press an app on the home screen and get a similar menu that would allow you to get to the app properties and quickly uninstall/clear cache/ etc.

I'm pretty sure the menu you described is the ADW launcher that came with previous version of LGB.

ryokox3

Reaction score
Ah, thankyou. I forgot the changelog showed a new default launcher. I feel silly now. Thanks for the reply.

Dream

Reaction score
The refresh icon in the email app is a speaker icon. Been that way for the past few builds.

Ericehill

Reaction score
Amazon Cloud Drive

I know that playback of music on Amazon'c MP3 Cloud Drive hasn't worked since 0.6 and now 0.8. Any hope of a fix in the future?

Otherwise 0.8 is running smooth.

Thanks

MagnumX

Reaction score
Can't seem to run Liberty Customizer. Everything else seems to be working fine, but even when I am connected to wifi, it downloads the files, says "setting up files", and then prompts me to update again. I've updated this over 10 times and it still keeps wanting to update? Only reason I need liberty customizer is to enable blur email, my main email account is through apple's mobile me.

Animal

Reaction score
I have the toolbox from the market and I have been installing the nightlies since 0.3, but there must be a way to install the nightlies w/o having to do a factory reset and install all my apps again!

the method I have been using is this: I watch the nightly section of the toolbox, I notice a new version, I download it, the program asks me if I want to install, I click yes, then I select backup current rom and do not select the wipe data. when my phone reboots, I unlock the phone and instantly get a unending loop of F/C's

What is the proper way to update the rom and have your apps in place and working?

Thanks.

You didn't wipe data. That is all.

muddychief

Reaction score
You didn't wipe data. That is all.

"You didn't wipe data. That is all. "

Thanks. I do have it working after a factory reset, but I have to "tap the droid to start" again and load all my apps. I did back up the ROM before I installed using the option from the toolbox. can I save myself some time and reinstall the 0.7 back up, then do a titanium back up, install 0.8, wipe, then run a restore from titanium? seems like last time I did that all the amazon apps F/C'd all the time on me.

I usually go buy the addage that the toughest way possible is usually the best way. is this one of those cases?

Thanks.

brillntred06

Reaction score
I've been having trouble with liberty customizer too. Wiped before the install and can't seem to bet past the boot animation. The only thing I've done different from previous builds was try to Blur Launcher. I ended up wiping and re-installing the Rom, same thing happened, so I'm back to v0.7 unless people can find a fix around the customizer.

OP
Koveleski

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Can't seem to run Liberty Customizer. Everything else seems to be working fine, but even when I am connected to wifi, it downloads the files, says "setting up files", and then prompts me to update again. I've updated this over 10 times and it still keeps wanting to update? Only reason I need liberty customizer is to enable blur email, my main email account is through apple's mobile me.

Try deleting libertycustomizer.zip and libertycustomizer directory off your sdcard.

Sweettreat

Reaction score
i just installed v.8, coming from v.6. I did a wiped data and cache. I'm getting the sync icon in the notification bar and I cannot figure out what is going on. Ive tried the usual suspects: deleted and re added all email accounts, batt pulls....help

DX on LGBv.8

RIGHTEOUS KINGS

Reaction score
The only issue I run into, is that you can use a task killer but a lot of programs open back up unless you manually close them yourself. Is there a way to have a build that doesnt need all these apps running so it wont kill battery life?

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Whenever my phone reboots after getting done with the Liberty Customizer, it gets stuck at the boot animation. The screen is responsive underneath, but the boot animation is still going.

What options did you select in the customizer?

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Whenever my phone reboots after getting done with the Liberty Customizer, it gets stuck at the boot animation. The screen is responsive underneath, but the boot animation is still going.

What options did you select in the customizer?

I just had that same issue, but not with the Customizer, with the Toolbox, I changed the animations to flip and on manual reboot my phone got stuck on the animation, the animation still was moving.

I just pulled the battery and now it seems to work again.