Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewjt19

Reaction score
Liberty Gingerbread from Liberty 2.0.1 Froyo 2.2.1- problems with clockwork

I have been running liberty 2.0.1 on froyo (2.2.1) on my dx just fine for awhile but recently saw that GB was out on liberty. I downloaded the version for Froyo to LGB and experienced many problems. I couldn't flash any roms and eventually I couldn't boot into Clockwork. The stock recovery wouldn't even work. I also noticed I couldn't use WIFI tether (it diverted me to VZW website) and also an interesting factor, there was no Swype. I had to sbf back Froyo 2.2.1 and root and then load my Liberty 2.0.1 again. I'm redownloading LGB for Froyo to LGB. I read somewhere that the DX bootstrap wont work in Liberty Gingerbread, is this true? The link said that DX users needed the D2 boostrap. Here's the link: Droid X Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release - PreRooted

thanks, the new LGB looked awesome though.

kilahimm

Reaction score
I have been running liberty 2.0.1 on froyo (2.2.1) on my dx just fine for awhile but recently saw that GB was out on liberty. I downloaded the version for Froyo to LGB and experienced many problems. I couldn't flash any roms and eventually I couldn't boot into Clockwork. The stock recovery wouldn't even work. I also noticed I couldn't use WIFI tether (it diverted me to VZW website) and also an interesting factor, there was no Swype. I had to sbf back Froyo 2.2.1 and root and then load my Liberty 2.0.1 again. I'm redownloading LGB for Froyo to LGB. I read somewhere that the DX bootstrap wont work in Liberty Gingerbread, is this true? The link said that DX users needed the D2 boostrap. Here's the link: Droid X Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release - PreRooted

thanks, the new LGB looked awesome though.

You can use dx bootstrap with gingerbread if you have USB debugging mode disabled, otherwise d2 bootstrap works fine without this limitation. When you install liberty gb v0.1 d2 bootstrap is installed for you. You won't see it listed in the app drawer, but you can boot into bootstrap from the toolbox under reboot options.

rccypher

Reaction score
media player Bug

I'm trying to use the google music player. Not the stock android player. It used to load and run without issue, not sure what changed but now every time I click play it crashes. I'm running the nightly v0.5 fully updated GB. Any suggestions of what I can do to resolve this. I would really like to access my streaming music.
I am also running the Sbc 3d loader which has its own glitches. Perhaps related. Uncertain with regard to the issues being related. I can say the trace back on the bug report points to an error with java. I don't really have the expertise to say much more than that.

Last edited:

EricBee

Reaction score
I'm trying to use the google music player. Not the stock android player. It used to load and run without issue, not sure what changed but now every time I click play it crashes. I'm running the nightly v0.5 fully updated GB. Any suggestions of what I can do to resolve this. I would really like to access my streaming music.
I am also running the Sbc 3d loader which has its own glitches. Perhaps related. Uncertain with regard to the issues being related. I can say the trace back on the bug report points to an error with java. I don't really have the expertise to say much more than that.

I had the same thing happen. It sucked. I was at a party and wanted to use it really badly. Then the next day it worked again.

Separate issue, calendar sync with exchange. I do not even have it as an option in the account settings. Deal breaker for me, and I have to go back. I will never know when any of my professional appointments are.

Is there a running bug list as opposed to 77 forum pages? I just want to confirm my issue.

rsansev

Reaction score
I have found that just toggling airport mode fixes the problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rsansev

Reaction score
I am sorry if this has been addressed but 77 pages is a bit much to go through.

I am on Liberty GB 0.5 through the Liberty Toolbox Donate.

My biggest problem is that every once in a while my phone just loses any contact with vzn and i can't make any calls, send text or browse web. This continues until I reboot. Is there a way around this?

Also, Is there a way to beat the Car dock bug, which stops charging from the Motorola car charger after having the navigator on for a while?

Thanks in advance.

PS: is there a way to get the reboot button in the shutdown options?

Toggle airport mode fixes it for me

rsansev

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get tun ko to work with .5?
I can connect fine but don't get ip address I.e. all traffic goes thru non tunneled connection (instead of openvpn)

tfarol

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Can I just download the. 595 Zip, wipe data and just installed from Zip?

kilahimm

Reaction score
So official Gingerbread is coming on Friday!! If we are on V 0.5 is it safe to accept the OTA??

DROIDX Gingerbread Update is Ready, Verizon Releases Changelog (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Depends on what you mean by safe ;) -- I think it's recommended to sbf to stock froyo if you'd like to accept the OTA. Keep in mind currently a root method isn't known for the OTA, so you may want to hold of until someone is able to determine one if root is important to you.

Edit: oops beat me too this one.

Last edited:

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Can I just download the. 595 Zip, wipe data and just installed from Zip?

Ya I'm pretty sure that's all you have to do if you're already on gb. There are 3 dl options on mdw, you'll want the third one. Of course, the real question is, are you willing to potentially give up root? AFAIK, there is no root method for the ota yet... not saying it can't happen though.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
So official Gingerbread is coming on Friday!! If we are on V 0.5 is it safe to accept the OTA??

DROIDX Gingerbread Update is Ready, Verizon Releases Changelog (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Depends on what you mean by safe ;) -- I think it's recommended to sbf to stock froyo if you'd like to accept the OTA. Last I read you won't be able to go from any of the leaks to the OTA, definitely not from a ROM'ed leak to the OTA. Keep in mind currently a root method isn't known for the OTA, so you may want to hold of until someone is able to determine one if root is important to you.

Edit: oops beat me too this one.

I thought p3 said you can accept the ota on stock unrooted .595. Maybe that has changed...

kilahimm

Reaction score
I thought I had a read something from P3Droid saying that you'd no longer be able to go from .595 to .596, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I'm going to edit that out of my previous post until I can turn up something more concrete then my possibly foggy memory.

Update: Ok found what I was looking for, P3Droid tweeted on May 10, about a week after his post on MDW about the upgrade path to the OTA that you'll now need to be on Froyo 2.3.340 to take the OTA. Take that for what you will.

Last edited:

tfarol

Reaction score
Damn...... I've never SBF'd. Seems pretty hard to do. Hmmmm what to do???? What are your guys plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.