Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll need rsd lite 4.9, drivers for your phone and the full sbf file for the dx. It sounds hard but it's not. I'd be happy to walk or talk you through it. I'll post a link to rsd lite

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

tfarol

Reaction score
Thanks bro. One thing though. I'm on a Mac. If it has to be done on a PC I can probably borrow a laptop.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mac works, i just dont know how to do it. I use win xp

tfarol

Reaction score
I'm a actually at work. But I will get it all downloaded when i get home!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would also search dx sbf how to on youtube. It will be very helpful to you

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Thanks bro. One thing though. I'm on a Mac. If it has to be done on a PC I can probably borrow a laptop.

I would download the Ubuntu live CD and run from that. No RSD needed. Check the stickies in this thread for a tutorial by maderschramm... works great.

Edit: download the live CD from Ubuntu.com

glacious

Reaction score
Is there a way to fix the *very* bright LED in the hard buttons at the bottom? It's not pleasant to look at when using your phone in dimly lit locations.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. There's an app called adjust brightness. You can do it from there. Needs root though. I use it all the time.

tfarol

Reaction score
I can run Ubuntu on my mac??

I would download the Ubuntu live CD and run from that. No RSD needed. Check the stickies in this thread for a tutorial by maderschramm... works great.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
I can run Ubuntu on my mac??

Yes you can. Here's a link with more info:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromMacOSX

And the download link:
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

Just select Mac in step 2.

Edit: there may be other ways, such as a virtual machine, but I'm not a mac user so I don't know how to set that up.

Last edited:

tfarol

Reaction score
Here comes the Dumb question of the day!!!! Where are the stickies in this thread?

tfarol

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I ended up using a windows pc and RSD Lite. The SBF went smoothly. I'm now officially GB. 596. But now I want Liberty BAD!! Ahhhhhhhhh

themightyaceman

Reaction score
I have what I think is a bug. I've used the search function on the site and Google but it's very hard to find a specific reference to this glitch. It is concerning the black background on this rom. Please tell me if this is a bug that is only in my phone or not.

1. When I open an event in my calendar, the description field is with a black background (this glitch I used to have with cm on my old g1). The problem is that with the black background and the dark blue font, I cannot see anything in the description field.

2. Another black background problem might be from the original update, but when I go into the new white settings, into something like "display settings" I get a hideous black background underneath all the options (in this case, underneath "roaming"). Its worse when I go to a setting that has only 2 options. I know it sounds like a preference rather than a bug, but it honestly looks like it's not supposed to happen. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Are these problems with my installation, or are they known bugs.

Running LGBv0.5
[Rubix 2.0.1 > LGB2.0.1 > (v0.5 > 591 kernel)]

Status
Not open for further replies.