Status
Not open for further replies.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you are running Liberty Gingerbread and want to report a bug please make sure the bug hasn't already been reported.

State what version of the nightly build you are running and any modifications you have made.

Thanks for helping out and supporting for a good final release.

Things to fix that have already been reported:

- Accounts not being able to be open in settings
- Calendar widget not working on adw (probably will never work except on blur home, so might switch to aosp calendar)
- Some misspelling in the toolbox and errors in changing governors
- Remove intents for media gallery or remove one completely.

Last edited:

Ryphez

Reaction score
I've run into a couple bugs so far it seems

Whenever I open Accounts under settings it immediately closes

Also, is the Moto Blur GB App Drawer not included on this release, because it would be great to have on this ROM

Edit: Other bug fixed, just had to wait a long time for Backup and Restore to finish during initial setup

Last edited:

reuuin88

Reaction score
UNBELIEVABLY FAST. Donating again this friday..Thanks for all this so far.
Edit: Wanted to share my quad score. I know its not reliable but its 200 faster than any other GB rom I've tried so far at the same OC speeds WOOOHOO guys good start.

On that side note.

When I go to install the bootstrap inside liberty toolbox (Donate if that matters) the phone just fast boots itself.

Edit: Noticed another, in the liberty settings in the GB settings menu under overclocking, when I went to set the governor's it force closed. But it looks like the setting has taken :)
Edit: Also noticed 2nd posting for the accounts page closing. Was able to smash the button at the bottom fast enough to input my other accounts lol.

All on .1

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gotta hold out till there is a good reason to switch. Sucks because tonight is a great night for a change.

xrevx

Reaction score
I installed over froyo. Bootstrap doesn't work. Screen goes black. Tried it twice and had to do a battery pull both times. Prob going back to froyo until I can get themes on gb. Some of the icons in the toolbox wont install as well. The liberty market icon is one. Can't install anything from the rom manager bc it freezes in boot up like I noted above.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bluskyline21

Reaction score
LOL...there's already junk in this thread.

Build: the first one?
Mods: none, so fresh and so clean clean.

-Anyways, None of the apps that I've tried to download through ROM Manager have succeeded (black twitter, fb, dolphin hd, etc). They didn't FC like the other post. They all give me "Application not installed." Or "error 404" which I didn't have on froyo 2.0.1.
-"Schedular" is still misspelled lol it's "Scheduler."
-Redundant options in Liberty Settings as opposed to regular settings (Restore Apps feature) is available twice.
-Contacts sync great (ref'ing other thread), but the Accounts tab won't load.
-Cam/corder: no advanced editing like in stock froyo (might just be GB in general)
-Power down options? There's no "reboot" option in the power down menu. Will this be implemented?
- voice command app isn't very good. I tried 5 times to "open battery info" and it tried to call my contacts whose names sounded nothing like what I said. Is this Android regression? It worked way better on froyo..
-Two galleries? "motorola.gallery" and "cooliris.media." Can we get rid of one of those b/c it's clutter.

I never used GB before this so I'm not sure which of these are related to the build or the OS itself, so I apologize if they have nothing to do with you!

Last edited:

Crispityyy

Reaction score
I installed over froyo. Bootstrap doesn't work. Screen goes black. Tried it twice and had to do a battery pull both times. Prob going back to froyo until I can get themes on gb. Some of the icons in the toolbox wont install as well. The liberty market icon is one. Can't install anything from the rom manager bc it freezes in boot up like I noted aboves

I think that the DX bootstrap issue is a known gingerbread issue.... has nothing to do with Liberty. The use the D2 bootstrap instead and you should be able to get into clockwork.

Scallywag1

Reaction score
You can use either. They figured out if u use dx bootstrap u need to have usb debugging unchecked. Apps, development is the location.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
Ok before asking lemme just say, I was up extremely late last night playing with this - having a blast/wife is mad lol, so I have a dumb question that I can't seem to figure out on my own with my foggy mind - where, in the multitude of settings (toolbox, settings, launcherpro prefs) is the option to turn off the notification "DROID" when the phone goes to sleep and wakes up?! ...if you think that's dumb, it took me forever turning it off and on (seeing no actual notifications) to figure out that it was actually the act of sleeping and waking up that was making that happen ...hahahaha

twistedsyx

Reaction score
So, I used the froyo to gingerbread liberty to liberty update zip from the rom manager, and everything went well. No problems, except that it took a long time (but I'm blaming the server for that).

Build, tonight's build, can't see the version number right now.
Droid x, (big surprise)
Started updating around 9 pm pst, it's currently 4:30 am, yeesh. Problem was that I would get a successful install/update, and cancel the google restore. downloaded the liberty tools from the market, and restart the phone.
Go into liberty tools and use restore apps and data. Zeam recovered the home pages, but couldn't recover the widgets (expected behavior), but would force close when trying to remove items from a homescreen. This prompted another reboot. Sticks at boot animation, forcing battery pull to recover. I recovered, and tried the exact same thing again, and it reproduced. Weird.

Edited to add:
This apparently also leaves it in a state where it can't boot into recovery mode.
From powered off:
Hold power and home.
See Liberty, and release power button
Wait a few moments.
The phone does a short vibrate, then shows a black screen.
Liberty comes back up for a while again, then vibrate and black screen.

So I don't know if my backup is bad, or if there is something wrong with the apps I have backed up, but it would seem that restoring apps and their data is a bad idea right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.