The solution to the lgb calendar bug

NoBlur

Reaction score
Ok, the bug I'm referring to is the inability to add new events to the calendar in Liberty Gingerbread. After careful experimentation, I have found that this is linked to the email app. For reasons I do not understand (I'm not a programmer), when I selected to "remove email" in the liberty customizer, I was subsequently unable to add new events to the calendar. However, when I added the Blur email back in, my calendar worked perfectly.

So for all of you out there experiencing this problem, try my solution. To the devs, I hope this gives you the information you need to fix this problem. Liberty Gingerbread is the best!

Edit: It may also work with the AOSP email, I'm not sure, I only know that when I added the Blur email back in the calendar began to work fine.

Last edited:

kilahimm

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for posting this! I can confirm that this resolved the calendar issue for me. Adding back blur email fixed adding appointments to blur calendar.

temchik

Reaction score
Neither for me, calendar still force closes... I have enabled ALL Blur in the Customizer, no dice, it was working fine after the first boot before I ran Customizer

oo3

Reaction score
You can also wipe data/cache and reinstall 0.7 and it'll fix it. Yes you'll need to set everything up again but as long as you have TB you'll be fine.

The email trick didn't work for me but wiping did.