Email and Calendar

MrAreCool

Reaction score
I am using Liberty (3.0 v2 patched for .621) and I am having some problems with the email and calendar. I would like to use the Blur email and calendar apps for a couple of reasons. 1. I like that the desktop widget will show more than just the next event on my calendar, and 2., the blur email seems to work much better with Exchange (that I need for grad school and work). I have a couple of issues with the blur apps though...

1. I can't get the blur calendar widget to display on a home screen. I can go through the process of selecting which calendars I want to see, but when I click Done it doesn't actually put a widget on the screen. I have tried multiple launchers, I have booted into recovery and performed a reset, and I have even cleared data and reinstalled Liberty. Can't get the widget to appear.

2. Even if I could get the widget to appear, I don't seem to be able to get my Exchange calendar(s) to show up as an item to be synchronized. When I look in the account settings I can only see Contacts and choose if I want them synchronized or not.

3. Even after I remove an Exchange account, the email app continues to "see" it somehow. If I open the email app, I can see the name of the account (that has been deleted) and the app will act like it is trying to update the inbox before it force closes. If I go back to Accounts and re-create the account I get an error that says the account already exists (even though it has been deleted). A reset and/or reinstall of Liberty will "fix" this, but if I delete the accounts on a fresh install I can't add them again without clearing the data.

If I use the AOSP email and calendar from Liberty Customizer I can't manually enter my Exchange server settings. It only asks me for my email address and password. It of course fails to connect because I can't enter the name of the Exchange server. The good news is that I can add a widget for the AOSP calendar, but it only displays the next event and since I can't add my Exchange accounts I do not see those events.

I know that I have had the blur apps working just fine on Liberty in the past, but I can't figure out why they are not working for me now... I would appreciate any insight!

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Unfortunatly I don't have a exchange server to test. However, have you tried Go Launche Pro (FREE in the app store) with Go Calendar and Go Email widgets? I haven't used the email widget, but I like the calendar. It lets you choose between monthly view or agenda view of what you have scheduled. Might be worth a try for ya? Good luck..

OP
M

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Thanks. I might give that a try. I had used Go Launcher for a long time, but stopped using Go apps when they kept promting me to download their other apps and pay for stuff... I did get an app called business calendar for free from the Amazon store a long time ago, I reinstalled it and I can add the widget to my home screen, but the widget never populates any of my calendar info...

I'll keep playing.

It would be really handy if someone knew where I could go in the Android files to delete the corporate sync files so I could re-add my exchange accounts. Even though I have deleted the accounts, the app won't let me re-add them as it thinks they are still there. I can reset the phone, but then I need to create another Google 2-factor authentication code etc. I just wish I could clear the settings like it should have done when I deleted the accounts.