[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

arch7angels

Reaction score
wow nice. way to find a work around! makes sense though i suppose.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

xpbr2000

Reaction score
2 major bugs i've found:

1: you cannot install blur launcher in v09 (unless u follow the instructions above)

2: the setup wizard after a data wipe / factory reset will force close when you press finish setup and the home screen will never load

xpbr2000

Reaction score
#2?

well if you install v08 the setup finishes without an error. the setup only runs after a factory reset. i just upgraded to v09 without a wipe :)

Rowzy

Reaction score
Even though the dev doesn't read this I'm still going to follow up on this because it's a discussion board lol. Maybe it'll help somebody out or make it's way to the dev. Maybe somebody has found work arounds.

-Google voice search FCs. Might be a GB issue judging by the market comments?

After reading around I'm pretty sure this is my fault as I removed the stock browser and replaced it. It works fine for searching stuff like navigation, youtube, texting, etc. but forcecloses on what I guess is web searches because it's built for the blur browser. I could of swore I backed up the browser apk but can't find it. Tried one I found online and still can't get it to install. Mounting everything and copying to the app folder and it still fails to install. Has anybody done this?

-No desk dock app? Car dock app works fine.

Haven't found a way to install the desktop home app, yet.

-The screen stays on after unplugging it from a charger sometimes. Not ON on but a blank black screen. Toggling the power button once turns its off like normal.

I found out this only happens when I take it off the desk dock. It does it every time. I have a feeling it's not liberty but rather GO launcher.

So most of the bugs I have aren't because of liberty. If I could find a way to replace the 15% battery icon to match, change the default browser that voice search uses, and figure out the black screen on problem, everything would be perfect:)

Reaction score
On LGB 0.9, two issues. One is that no matter what I set the memory manager at in the ROM Toolbox, if I reboot it goes back to 80mb. Doesn't matter whether I've checked the set at boot box.

Also, my phone continually boots into bootstrap recovery. I've checked in the ROM settings and it's not set to do that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
On LGB 0.9, two issues. One is that no matter what I set the memory manager at in the ROM Toolbox, if I reboot it goes back to 80mb. Doesn't matter whether I've checked the set at boot box.

Also, my phone continually boots into bootstrap recovery. I've checked in the ROM settings and it's not set to do that.

Not sure about the first issue, but the second, install Droid 2 Bootstrap or LGB Bootstrap, whichever you have, and reboot recovery (don't click bootstrap recovery again or else this won't work.) If you just click Reboot Recovery once, it reboots into recovery, but after that, it won't do it by itself anymore. I have no idea why this works but it does.

arch7angels

Reaction score
see. i thought liberty just automatically did that when you rebooted a certain way. that might just be me. but good work around. and rowzy. you can look on the forums and find a Google apps. apk. chances are the search is in there and you could install it through recovery.

Reaction score
Thanks, D2 bootstrap did the trick. Oddly, coincidentally perhaps the memory manager stuck at 24mb whee I'd set it this time too. Maybe they were related issues?

palooko

Reaction score
I have a problem I haven't encountered before on my DX. After installing Liberty GB v0.9 the proper way and restoring most of my backups, I went to go use Maps and it can locate itself (within 20m using Wifi) put if I go to use navigation it sticks on "waiting for location" for a while and then just goes to the "follow this route" screen. I cannot get it to start giving me turn-by-turn directions. Everything else works beautifully except this. Cleared caches & data for multiple apps that use GPS, cleared dalvik cache, turned the GPS on and off, rebooted- nothing is helping. It just seems like my GPS cannot lock on to anything...so after googling my ass off and searching these forums, I'm sorta at a loss and I figured I'd ask first and see if anyone has any suggestions before I go ahead and reinstall Liberty as a last resort...

btw, I've had Liberty GB v0.9 installed before and the GPS has worked flawlessly...tha's why I'm kinda perplexed >p

xpbr2000

Reaction score
You might try starting with v08 then flash v09 over it. I had many problems starting with v09.

Sent from my DROIDX

arch7angels

Reaction score
can other apps successfully access and use GPS?

palooko

Reaction score
I'd have to say no. I just tried using GPS Status and GPS Test and neither can lock on....

arch7angels

Reaction score
I'd agree with xpbr. definitely start with 8 and flash to 9 (remember you have to change to .zip if not already done). also, that sounds like its a problem with your GPS. I'd update your roaming, and see if there is a .zip associated with GPS. if there is, drop it on the SD and reflash it iin clockwork.