Leaked FRG22 Update Available for Rooted Droid 1

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
29aqgn.jpg

So, the official FRG01B update dropped for all Droid 1 phones. So now it is safe to say that the playing field has finally been leveled that between those rooted and those running stock? Not so fast, stockers. MyDroidWorld has just leaked FRG22, which is an updated 2.2 build for the Motorola Droid. We are not sure what exactly has changed, but for better or worse, this version is newer than the FRG01b OTA that just dropped! Check it out, and let us know your thoughts.

Below you will find download links and directions to install the latest update leak:

1) Download the files:

Direct Download -----Release Version (FRG22)
Mirror One ----- Release Version (FRG22)
Non-Deodexed Version ----- Release Version (FRG22)

2) Place files on the root of your SD
3) Go into your Recovery
4) Clockwork Directions: go to install zip, find the zip on your sd card, and install
SPrecovery Directions: go to install zip, select allow update.zips (deprecated), install update.zip
5) Reboot your phone.

THANKS to CellZealot, Andrew, and P3Droid
source: MyDroidWorld

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, this should be cool and all, but now I'm afraid there's an issue/bug/problem with the OTA that just went out. Another possibility is there's ANOTHER update in the works for the Droid 1, which would be cool and above and beyond the promised "final" update, but I don't see why that'd be the case unless there's an issue/bug/problem with the official update.

Of course, I've just spent the last two days trying to get n00bs up and running, so I'm a little negative (and a little more bald) than I was last week. :D

I'm very interested to know if there are improvements and differences, though. I might just try it out for a while before the official CyanogenMod 6 release.

Reaction score
ZOMG! Lol I really don't think anyone will notice a big difference between the builds. And there is always this possibility too, so please remember it. A later build number just means it was built after the released version. It is quite possible that they found issues with FRG22 that were not emerging in FRG01B (the earlier build). Since they are all built from the same source its safe to say its drivers that are different....and the released version may have the best set. P3Droid and MDW like to jump the gun on a lot of things without really knowing what they are digging into, like telling everyone that the droidx efuse was going to brick your devices if you hacked the phone. I got lots of respect for these guys, but I wonder at times like this if their newest release is really the latest and greatest.....or just the latest.

Reaction score
If I'm running BB 0.4 and install this .zip, will it override my whole rom/theme? Or will my rom and theme still be there?

scoder

Reaction score
ZOMG! Lol I really don't think anyone will notice a big difference between the builds. And there is always this possibility too, so please remember it. A later build number just means it was built after the released version. It is quite possible that they found issues with FRG22 that were not emerging in FRG01B (the earlier build). Since they are all built from the same source its safe to say its drivers that are different....and the released version may have the best set. P3Droid and MDW like to jump the gun on a lot of things without really knowing what they are digging into, like telling everyone that the droidx efuse was going to brick your devices if you hacked the phone. I got lots of respect for these guys, but I wonder at times like this if their newest release is really the latest and greatest.....or just the latest.

Why the hell would it be drivers? I'm pretty sure most of the drivers are the original ones from 2.0, not much has changed with the software's interaction with hardware. Maybe you don't know what a driver is: a piece of software written to enable applications and an OS to interact with and utilize a piece of individual hardware.

mrdorunjr, I would imagine you'll be fine without a wipe. Both are 2.2 roms. Backup your data with Titanium or MyBackup Pro or do a Nandroid backup just in case, just like flashing any rom.

On another note, I noticed a few MBs more of free RAM at boot with this build (which may not be attributed to this), a tad bit smoother too (mostly with flash videos). Nothing huge, but I'll keep poking around.