Verizon Confirms Second Android 2.2 Update Coming for Motorola Droid.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I live in a VZW "Extended Area". Will I get the OTA or do I have to be in their 3G area? Thanks.

Do you have WiFi at home? And the answer either way is "yes." The update will come down over WiFi if you have access to it anywhere, but as long as you're not paying roaming data charges you'll get it OTA.

One thing I did not pay attention too was my previous baseband version. I think there must have been an update I have a great signal now at work in my office. My office being in the basement of a 150 yr old building service is usually spotty. Now I have had 3 phone calls and great clear service. No drops. I am liking that.

Now hopefully I am not last in line for the 2nd update.

Yes, the baseband was updated to a version leaked a couple months ago. A select few people have complained about signal loss and increased battery drain compared to the stock version, but I'm glad to see you're not having those issues.

And some people still haven't been pinged yet. No last for you!

My only wish is that the search bar was sleeker... it still sticks out like a sore thumb there. And 'm trying to find that awesome clock that so many other people have (I meant to ask the guy working on my phone who had it on his Incredible, d'oh...)

Beautiful Widgets for the digital clock everyone loves (but me :D), but from your later post you seem to have found that. The Market has some issues from time to time with credit card problems. Delete your data and cache from settings>applications>manage>all>market and try again. If it still doesn't work you may need to reboot and wait a couple of hours for the issue to clear up on the other end.

Oh, and get the new Voice Search from the market. It's shorts-changing good.

exhobass

Reaction score
Vzw 2.2

backing up now. I had flashplayer 10 running fine on current 2.2 and buglessbeast. gonna try out the new VZW 2.2 and see if it still runs fine. but so far when trying the VZW 2.2 update im just getting the ! bootscreen.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
anyone else have a problem since the update with not being able to put their phone on silent? My phone now only goes as low as vibrate if i use the side button to control ring tone.

Also, has anyone been able to find where the media volume control is...it used to be in settings under sound.

TheCrusher

Reaction score
Settings->Sound->Volume brings up a panel with sliders for both the ringer and the media.

And of course when you are playing media, the side buttons change that, as always.

I just realized that Messaging now has the option to vibrate when phone is silent, and I hated that it didn't used to do that. This could be old news since the last update many months ago though, because I don't remember looking for that feature for ages.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just slightly off topic here aren't we? This thread is for discussion of the mysterious 2nd update that's suppose to be coming. Quite honestly, I'll believe it when I see it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just slightly off topic here aren't we? This thread is for discussion of the mysterious 2nd update that's suppose to be coming. Quite honestly, I'll believe it when I see it.
I keep reminding people of that, but...

If they have to push an update so that Flash will be visible on the market I doubt it'd be a whole new build, but if there are Exhange errors that go down to the core of the build, they'd have to do something.

I thought the leaked FRG22 had some Exhange issuse on its own, didn't it? It's been a long time since that leak hit and people started testing it.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
anyone else have a problem since the update with not being able to put their phone on silent? My phone now only goes as low as vibrate if i use the side button to control ring tone.

Also, has anyone been able to find where the media volume control is...it used to be in settings under sound.

I wondered about this after someone asked on another forum. So I searched here on this forum.

2.2 has two choices

1--vibrate and sound
2--silience and sound

Yep that's it. They removed it so you can't have silience, vibrate and sound.

There are widges on the market you could use if you need all three.

I don't know wy they removed the option to have all 3 on the side button. I rarely use vibrate, my phone's mostly on silient, but I liked the option and used it sometimes.

Markee

Reaction score
The 2.2 Update just killed my phone. I elected to take the update this morning and when I did the phone never rebooted. It would hang on the Motorola Logo screen. I called Verizon and they told me I had to take it to a Corporate Verizon Store. Just got back from an 80 mile round trip drive. The verizon store in Houghton MI could not flash the memory and therefore ordered me a new (referbished) phone as a replacement. Not sure what happened. Never unpluged while flashing... Just never came back and I was looking forward to the 2.2 update.... Beware... Anyone else have this problem. Apparently Verizon stores received an update last night about this problem... Be warned that your phone may go to update heaven... Now I wonder If I will get all my apps back on the new phone... Already backed up my SD card...

Let me know if you are in the same boat for your Droid update 2.2.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Opps, you're correct.
Sorry, I thought it was for the newest update.

Maybe the 2.2 will correct the side volumne switch.