Verizon pulls Android 2.2 "FRG01b" update for DROID 1, future updates uncertain

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
dr5qv4.jpg

MyDroidWorld is breaking the news that Motorola and Verizon have decided to pull all FRG builds (a.k.a. Android 2.2 update) for the DROID 1. The reason given was problems with Adobe Flash integration. Anonymous sources also tell MDW that there is no certainty of future FroYo updates for the DROID 1 (FRG22), and don't expect this to be resolved by that "August 18th" date. Of course you can still update to FRG01b (stockers) or FRG22 (rooters), and install beta 3 of Adobe Flash 10.1 Mobile. Mind you, this is from an anonymous source, so take it for what it's worth: until an official announcement, this is simply a rumor.

Source: MyDroidWorld

Last edited:

ChugIt

Reaction score
This may end up being the most important post ever. Does this mean no OTA 2.2 for Droid EVER? I strongly suspect gingerbread is never coming to Droid 1 (and always did suspect that). No 2.2 OTA is a huge deal to the community if it is true!

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may end up being the most important post ever. Does this mean no OTA 2.2 for Droid EVER? I strongly suspect gingerbread is never coming to Droid 1 (and always did suspect that). No 2.2 OTA is a huge deal to the community if it is true!

uncertain at this time.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just the droid 1. Is the droid x not having these "integration" issues because it has a faster processor? (rhetorical)

basicfisherman

Reaction score
Glad I decided to root my Droid two weeks ago. I did want to wait around any longer for Verizon to decide when I can upgrade my PS when it is allready out. Glad PC's don't work this way. I also did it with the hopes that gingerbread will be able to run on my phone. I giluess we will see.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can say this, if this proves true, this will drive me to buy a d2 or X and leave my beloved Droid behind. Yes I am rooted and already running 2.2 but you have to imagine development for the original Droid will stop soon, again if this is true.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hapster

Reaction score
The rooters have clearly demonstrated that 2.2 CAN work with Droid 1, so if this one turns out to be true, it's total BS. Glad I did a manual update and have no major issues.

Now... IF this rumor does turn out to be true, are they going to send out a rollback for those who got it OTA? That sounds just as retarded as no update. They started it, they need to finish it.

Sent from my Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can say this, if this proves true, this will drive me to buy a d2 or X and leave my beloved Droid behind. Yes I am rooted and already running 2.2 but you have to imagine development for the original Droid will stop soon, again if this is true.

Well, this is so different from what I heard just this morning that I quite honestly find it hard to believe. The source however is credible.

I had heard from our source that the update was "cough ahem" soon.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this turns to be true ill be moving on from the droid1 and onto an x

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

Well, this is so different from what I heard just this morning that I quite honestly find it hard to believe. The source however is credible.

I hope you are right, you seem to have a good source but mdw have proven themselves as well, now comes the waiting game! All the speculation should make for some interesting threads and a whole lot of policing for the mods though, haha.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone who believes we are not getting 2.2 is a moron. Honestly. A moron. There is nothing more to say.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

now you owe me one hooky : )

I said September October if at all lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.