Verizon to make FRG22 the official DROID 2.2 OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowtie

Reaction score
Is G22 available for non rooted? I updated my daughter to G01B and the phone seems to be running slower, was thinking about G22 if it is available.

Eddiejt

Reaction score
01, 22. Who cares. Root the darned thing and never worry again.

dwoid

Reaction score
Have there been any other leaked documents from Verizon pointing to anything other than FRG22 as the prime OTA candidate?

dwoid

Reaction score
No, that's not a Verizon document. Have there been any other leaked documents pointing to anything other than FRG22 as the release candidate?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, that's not a Verizon document. Have there been any other leaked documents pointing to anything other than FRG22 as the release candidate?

sorry, read your op too quickly

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have there been any other leaked documents from Verizon pointing to anything other than FRG22 as the prime OTA candidate?

lol, leaked documents. I kinda like the sound of it... its got a whole mischievous spy thing going with it lol. Maybe we can send Dick Tracy into big red and see what he can "detect."

dwoid

Reaction score
Yes, it is sort of cloak and dagger.

It just goes to show how much Gortex goes into the fabric of these larger corporations.

The very interesting question is whether the leaks are intended to happen. If I were Verizon or Moto or Google, I'd really want to take advantage of all the testing people like you and I and the million or so other people on these forums do for free. I hope they have staff who read the big ROM threads, if not, they're living in somewhat of a vacuum.

:icon_ banana:

dwoid

Reaction score
I guess in the midst of all the confusion, my point in bringing this up is that there is no other official documentation of anything else besides FRG22 happening regarding the OTA. Everything else is what one person's contact in one of the big three compainies has told them. And as we've seen, that may or may not be what that company is adopting as policy.

That is not to say that this OP's document isn't outdated, but with all the rumors, until I see the OTA restarted with a new build number, or something official with company logo pointing another direction, I'm not rushing into changing anything.

The last few days of Droid/Froyo related news in all Web forums has caused a lot of unnecessary wailing and gnashing of teeth... It's a good time chill out, enjoy your Droid for what it does and wait and see what happens.

dancedroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess in the midst of all the confusion, my point in bringing this up is that there is no other official documentation of anything else besides FRG22 happening regarding the OTA. Everything else is what one person's contact in one of the big three compainies has told them. And as we've seen, that may or may not be what that company is adopting as policy.

That is not to say that this OP's document isn't outdated, but with all the rumors, until I see the OTA restarted with a new build number, or something official with company logo pointing another direction, I'm not rushing into changing anything.

The last few days of Droid/Froyo related news in all Web forums has caused a lot of unnecessary wailing and gnashing of teeth... It's a good time chill out, enjoy your Droid for what it does and wait and see what happens.

dancedroid

and the funny part is, nobody even knows if the OTA every officially stopped

Flukes1

Reaction score
RE: Droid 2.2 OTA Update News:
This might be old news(I just joined Droid Forum today and have not had time to read all the threads yet) but I know everyone is anxious for current news so I'm going to pass this on. I have been patiently waiting for my update that was supposed to start rolling out August 3rd according to the Verizon store. I was back at the Verizon store on August 6th and the guy that worked there already had his update. I am STILL waiting. I heard a rumor that the updates were stalled so I call Verizon today. The guy checked all his alerts and told me there is NO news of the updates being stalled and they are currently still rolling out. The last of them are scheduled to be finished by August 13th. He also told me he is still patiently waiting for his and that he checks the update status and alerts several times a day on Verizon's main computer. Let's hope for the best and I hope this helps anyone still wondering. If anyone else has any more current news please let me know. Thanks :)

dwoid

Reaction score
Good luck reading all the threads :)...

I do believe that calling 611 is probably the source of the most reliable word-of-mouth information, however given corporate decision making structures, what we "hear" still may not be what is current or future company policy.

After all the confusion based on word-of-mouth, at least for me, it's time to wait for something more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.