ALERT! 2.2 FroYo Circus continues...FRG01B is Official get it here.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The 2.2 update is available on my phone.
Can I do the 2.2 update if my phone is rooted and running Bugless Beast? (See sig)
Will it unroot my phone and cleanly install 2.2?

I think someone may have answered your question a few times. Maybe you could do a thread search?

Ghost Rider

Reaction score
The gps location will not update. It will show the same location for them on my latitude for 18 hours or so and then they will be moved into the stale friends section. The only way for the location to update is to open the google maps or latitude app. Then it starts all over again. I have rebooted the phones and done battery pulls still no help.

Battery pulls rarely if ever help with any problems with a Droid. I'd try uninstalling maps and reinstalling.

I fixed the two that I did the manual update from the OP. One neede the app removed and reinstalled. The other one under the location and security section I found the use gps option selected. I unchecked it and selected use wireless networks. On the phone that received thed OTA update I updated it again using the @file from the OP and it fixed it. They all work now. Thanks. Oh btw one of the phones I manually updated has terrible battery life. Can't seem to fix it. The other 4 have good battery life.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Installing the large update file manually seems to clear 90+% of the issues people have been having, and if the install borks you can a)reinstall and b)talk to Verizon about their software messing up your phone. Just don't tell them you did it yourself as the tech might have the wrong information and tell you it's not covered.

Once you've installed the update, go to settings>applications>manage applications and then move as many as you can to the SD card because if your phone is getting full it could cause some of the lag you're experiencing -- but better safe than sorry.

I'm suggesting this because the second update rolling out is a very minor patch that does little except update your GPS and WiFi drivers (according to previous posts) and update your build to FRG22D, which allows you to get Flash officially from the Market.

Funny, some folks are blaming apps on SD for the lag. From what I've read of your posts I'll take your advice, though. Especially since I was getting it with *no*apps on SD!
I installed the 76mb update manually (with some reservation, since my initial attempt borked my last Droid, but I had to try) and so far I think my Droid's running snappier. Definitely helped Gallery, though it still gets mixed up with icon PNGs.
Hard to type with fingers crossed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Billyd

Reaction score
Good luck with lag, I had similar probs after ota but kept shucking un-needed apps and moved all I could to sd via manage and finally got my snap back. Oh ya, after ota Helix is out. I tried pro but finally went with ADW and luv it, you really need a theme for it to work good.

Best and gl..
Come on flash
X/Billyd..

Oh btw, why do ppl use tapatalk?
I use xScope and all seems fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck with lag, I had similar probs after ota but kept shucking un-needed apps and moved all I could to sd via manage and finally got my snap back. Oh ya, after ota Helix is out. I tried pro but finally went with ADW and luv it, you really need a theme for it to work good.

Best and gl..
Come on flash
X/Billyd..

Because all the really cool kids do. :rolleyes:

Biggest piece of crap software on the internet.

Reaction score
Has anyone who received the 2.2 updaet noticed that when certain applications aer run it opens in landscape viewing even when you are holding the phone upright?

Happens a lot to me now since the update (OTA)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Has anyone who received the 2.2 updaet noticed that when certain applications aer run it opens in landscape viewing even when you are holding the phone upright?

Many apps only run in landscape or portrait mode. If they've been opening "sideways" and then turn to "the right way" after loading then there seems to be an issue with the software reading you accelerometer or whatever the thing is that checks your orientation, and you might want to double-check your settings and if all else fails install the large update from the OP to see if it helps. Of course, if this doesn't but you much just leave it as-is, and enjoy the fact that your Droid does something few others do.

jeffe65

Reaction score

Many apps only run in landscape or portrait mode. If they've been opening "sideways" and then turn to "the right way" after loading then there seems to be an issue with the software reading you accelerometer or whatever the thing is that checks your orientation, and you might want to double-check your settings and if all else fails install the large update from the OP to see if it helps. Of course, if this doesn't but you much just leave it as-is, and enjoy the fact that your Droid does something few others do.

Mine does the same thing from time to time; each time it's done it, I've found I wasn't hold the phone as upright as I thought it was, and as soon as I did, it changed. It even does it when the app is already open and I didn't feel I changed the position that much. It does seem more sensitive to changes in orientation than before the update, but it's not acting crazy on me.

bluezdawg

Reaction score

Best and gl..
Come on flash
X/Billyd..

??????????????????????????????????????????
Just curious... you mentioned moving apps to the SD card. Is there a way to do this when you install an app from the market place, or, is this something you do after the app installs? I am un-rooted, did the Froyo update. My Quadrant score runs between 780-800 depending when I run it. Would like to increase performance without rooting my phone. Would be great if there was a way to bump up the CPU speed without rooting the phone :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
NO way to overclock without superuser permissions

On an unrooted phone you have to find and move all the apps that can be moved manually via the application manager in the settings.

jeffe65

Reaction score

Best and gl..
Come on flash
X/Billyd..

??????????????????????????????????????????
Just curious... you mentioned moving apps to the SD card. Is there a way to do this when you install an app from the market place, or, is this something you do after the app installs? I am un-rooted, did the Froyo update. My Quadrant score runs between 780-800 depending when I run it. Would like to increase performance without rooting my phone. Would be great if there was a way to bump up the CPU speed without rooting the phone :)

If you root, you're not as restricted as to which apps you can install on the SD card; you just use an app like "Terminal Emulator" that sets a new default command for the installs, and that's it. But again, you need SU permissions to make those kinds of changes.

Keep in mind, if you ever decide to root, you don't have to do extreme things to the phone; you can just use it to override some of the limitations like the ones you mentioned above.