OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

mattg1

Reaction score
Ok after you find the file press and hold down until a menu pops up, then press edit, then move. Press the back button and look up in the right hand top corner and you will see edit, press that then press paste. Then find the file again it won't be in a folder this time long press on it again, select edit again then press rename, name it update.zip. Let me know when you finish that and I will help you install it.

BigNunz6

Reaction score
Ok after you find the file press and hold down until a menu pops up, then press edit, then move. Press the back button and look up in the right hand top corner and you will see edit, press that then press paste. Then find the file again it won't be in a folder this time long press on it again, select edit again then press rename, name it update.zip. Let me know when you finish that and I will help you install it.
Matt you got A PM... dont wanna jack the thread...thanks

BigNunz6

Reaction score
holy cow........I did it and see the file now called update.zip. Can any one tell me what to do now.....Matt you there ???

Josecq

Reaction score
I actually did something on my own? Wow!dancedroid.....here is what I did to get the patch installed: dowload file from google on OP. Open astro file manager, find the file, edit then copy and go up until you get to the root of your sd card an paste it there. Rename the file to update.zip, you may have to over write over the previous update.zip like I did. Then after all that do the traditional power up by holding x then up volume and camera button to access the update zip and install. So far it fixed yahoo email while on wi-fi....workin 100 mph.:icon_ banana:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
holy cow........I did it and see the file now called update.zip. Can any one tell me what to do now.....Matt you there ???

OK, you have the file called update.zip on the main root of the sd card? By that I mean it's no longer in the download file area (I did the install using a PC to do the moving, but Astro can do that too). Then.....

1. Turn your phone off.
2. Boot into recovery (Hold Power + X).
3. Wait for a triangle with exclamation point to appear and release Power and X.
4. Hit the volume up and camera button (half-way down) at the same time.
5. Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip” and press in the gold button on the D-Pad.
6. Your phone will now run the update.
7. When it finishes, use the D-Pad to select reboot phone.
8. Your phone will reboot with FRG22D.

That reboot will take a lllloooonnnngggg time; the whole process (going from step 1 to 8) was about 6 minutes. I did this with the big file, not the 1.6mb one so it may be shorter.

Turtle Droid

Reaction score
Help

Not Rooted (stock) - and I got an OTA system update notification
The notifcation is:

"This software update includes new enchancements to enable the download of Flash via market, and multiple security improvements..."

I already did the manual update 2.2 weeks ago and installed flash 10.1 myself. I have not had any problems, so how can I and should I bypass this update?

Thanks for any help! dancedroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not Rooted (stock) - and I got an OTA system update notification
The notifcation is:

"This software update includes new enchancements to enable the download of Flash via market, and multiple security improvements..."

I already did the manual update 2.2 weeks ago and installed flash 10.1 myself. I have not had any problems, so how can I and should I bypass this update?

Thanks for any help! dancedroid
If you go into Settings>About Phone, and your build (the very bottom) still says FRG01B, then you can let the OTA run and you'll be fine.

BigNunz6

Reaction score
OK, you have the file called update.zip on the main root of the sd card? By that I mean it's no longer in the download file area (I did the install using a PC to do the moving, but Astro can do that too). Then.....

1. Turn your phone off.
2. Boot into recovery (Hold Power + X).
3. Wait for a triangle with exclamation point to appear and release Power and X.
4. Hit the volume up and camera button (half-way down) at the same time.
5. Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip” and pad to select reboot phone.
8. Your phone will reboot with FRG22D.

That reboot will take a lllloooonnnngggg time; the whole process (going from step 1 to 8) was about 6 minutes. I did this with the big file, not the 1.6mb one so it may be shorter.[/QUOTE]Ok I followed all you steps 1 by 1 and at#6 "phone will run update " it says "failed to read footer from SD card update.zip..so I selected reboot and the phone came back to stock...thanks for all your help guys but maybe I should just wait for the auto update...if it ever comes...

DroidMoose

Reaction score
Hello, I got the update here in Mass this morning...too bad it seems as if it did not install???

I got the prompt for the update and hit ok or what ever then showed the triangle with exclamation point and phone (much like when I try to manually install now) My mistake may have been(??) turning off the phone after seeing this for 15 minutes with no indication of any sort of progress.

Earlier today I read about the update a little. This evening I have been going through this very informative(but looong) thread trying to manually install the download on the OP (and even tried the already named properly link on page 5 (I think)

I keep getting a E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

I have done some google searches, but the status 7 error results I come up with for Android are people did not have the correct current software for what they were trying to do(or so it seemed?)

Any chance the OTA update gets pushed out again to phones that are missing this?

Nothing in the "system updates" section under "about phone"

Droid 1
Running all OTA:
Android 2.2
Build Number FRG01B

HELP! :icon_ cry:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you can try the manual install or just wait it out. The manual file (FRG01B>FRG22D) is in the OP or the larger file (ESE81>FRG22D) can be used as well.
I'm pretty sure if your phone is missing it then it will attempt to reinstall. I would remove the current "update.zip" file from the root of your sdcard just to be safe.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did not see a link to the FRG22D Master OTA file on the google servers so I thought I'd drop it here:

https://android.clients.google.com/...voles/a5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip

Enjoy.

Thanks for that! I never could figure it out straight from the servers, but glad to see the files match up. I added your link to my post (#442). Maybe CK will add your link to the OP instead of mine now, since yours links to the Google server.

Nevermind... can't edit the posts since this is a News thread. Regardless, CK should add your link to the OP now instead of mine! :)

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
H

I keep getting a E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

I have done some google searches, but the status 7 error results I come up with for Android are people did not have the correct current software for what they were trying to do(or so it seemed?)

Any chance the OTA update gets pushed out again to phones that are missing this?

Nothing in the "system updates" section under "about phone"

Droid 1
Running all OTA:
Android 2.2
Build Number FRG01B

HELP! :icon_ cry:

Same issue here. Anyone have a solution?