OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation... But what the heck?? Then What is so special about it...? I'll stick with FRG01B stock ROM but rooted. Since the size is the same and can't be move to sd card either. Then the claimed that frg22d's flash version will be smaller and not going to be saved in the phone is a hoax?

FYI, besides the kernel, the apps below were patched in FRG01B->FRG22D. Not sure exactly what has changed in each one, but they are definately updated as part of the OTA patch...

Code:
/system/app/Contacts.apk
/system/app/EmailGoogle.apk
/system/app/Maps.apk
/system/app/Settings.apk
/system/app/SetupWizard.apk
Somebody is snooping around and reading updater-script files. Good work! :)

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
So that's why "clear layers" works now...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

monkey_man

Reaction score
Still on FRG01B and just received newer flash in the market @ 9/12 version .10 just a mere >5 MB.

pistacio

Reaction score
If your rooted, "move to SD enabler" is your friend. Moved flash over, among other apps, no problem (rooted stock frg22d droid1).

dwoid

Reaction score
I agree. I have over 100 downloaded apps, have now moved all except those that load at boot time to SD. All work. Regained about 20% of my app space, now running at 74% used.

Running apps off of SD is not quite as fast, but I'm willing to give up a little speed for this kind of space.

If your rooted, "move to SD enabler" is your friend. Moved flash over, among other apps, no problem (rooted stock frg22d droid1).

MAKOOKAM

Reaction score
Am I the only one still waiting for an update? I'm tempted to just do a manual install. :blink:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you're running a Droid 1 (your current phone model is empty) and have not received the update already, download and manually install the update from here:
FRG222D Master OTA

There's no point in waiting, especially since it's possible you're one of the lucky ones that for some odd reason never got pinged. Some people are always left out for one reason or another. :)

:welcome: to the forum!

MAKOOKAM

Reaction score
Ooops..I have a droid X I just recently purchased 2 weeks ago. Does that make any difference?

...thanks for the welcome. :)

MAKOOKAM

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot saying this, but are there step by step instructions for a manual update? I've never done this before.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You'd better look over in the DX forums. The update for the DX is totally different because I don't think it's official yet. You'll have to root to install it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

MAKOOKAM

Reaction score
Hahah...I'm a moron. In the wrong section already. Thanks for the info guys. :)