Verizon to make FRG22 the official DROID 2.2 OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update 8/6 @6:00PM EST: MDW is reporting that Android 2.2 update has been pulled, future update uncertain. Read here for more info

2u8i6hy.jpg

Remember that oddly-timed FRG22 leak shortly after the FRG01b update hit Google's servers? Oddly-timed perhaps, but certainly no hoax, as Droid-Life is reporting that Verizon will make the FRG22 build an official 2.2 OTA update. FRG01b had been made available on Google's servers a few days ago, but for reasons unknown, Verizon is readily preparing another update. There has been no indication as to whether or not FRG01b will continue to roll out, but Verizon promises that those of us who upgraded to FRG01b will have no issues updating again to FRG22. The above leaked document proves that the FRG22 is indeed on its way, and expect Verizon to make FRG22 official within the next day or so. We are unsure what changes actually took place between FRG01b and FRG22, but perhaps it will address the battery drain issue.

On a separate note, Verizon recognized an issue with Flash Player and the FRG01b update. Apparently, Flash Player doesn't show up in the Android Market for those who updated to FRG01b (or even FRG22). The issue is currently under investigation, but according to Droid-Life, Flash Player should be available to Moto DROID 1 users "by the end of the summer." Check out the leaked internal screenshot below on the matter:

1zfu9a9.jpg

Roll-out for FRG22 and a compatible Flash Player are currently unknown. However FRG22 is currently available for the rooted community, and Flash Player should work on either FRG01b or FRG22 if you download and install the APK with a file manager. Download Flash Player here.

Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

Royal2000H

Reaction score
They probably just wanted a cool name for the official update. FRG22 has 22 (2.2) in it. Which makes the public think the 22 means Froyo. Although the more informed know that G22 has no relation to Froyo... only the FR does.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where is CK when I need him. He told me just yesterday that it wouldn't be FRG22 when I suggested it might be. Actually I said it would probably be.

Bah!! You can't believe a mod around here. Misinformation everywhere. If you don't here it from me, check and make sure they got it right. :icon_ lala:

I really hope CK sees this…..:icon_ devil:

Sal

Reaction score
FYI, I had already posted notice of this in the thread about Android 2.2 release being suspended before I read that you had started this thread...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bxrider117

Reaction score
If this is the modified release then the poster who was giving P3Droid a hard time in another forum about this release needs to apologize to him and then graciously thank him for this release.

I like this build better than 01b. It seems a little snappier and works great while using LP with 7 screens. Only the next few weeks will tell.

carpenter_22

Reaction score
lol yep there was some ppl giving p3 a hard time about this and if i recall correctly a developer was to hmmmmmmm big apoligize need to go to p3 for sure. maybe more ppl will have a bit more faith in p3 now.

Nibbz

Reaction score
well damn, i mean I know I have froyo now. But I want to be updated to the point, where im not waiting for the update to be released. We've been going through Froyo giveth and taketh since the damn thing was announced.

usranger80

Reaction score
I agree, the first thing I thought when I saw this was that the smart@$$ in the other forum the other night owes p3 an apology, here the guy was giving us the "latest and greatest" ROM available and a certain individual did nothing but bash and doubt him. Sorry for the rant off topic but even more props go out to p3 now.

markwebb

Reaction score
They better fix the battery drain issue first as posted in another thread. I had to uninstall it.

bishop

Reaction score
i dont think it is related to Flash and the Market. I am on FRG22 and Flash still does not come up in the market for me. Good thing i am a member here and have had it for months ;)

flpmode79

Reaction score
Latest doesn't always mean Greatest. If i'm not mistaken FRG22 there is issues with Voice Search. I use Voice Search a good bit!

usranger80

Reaction score
They better fix the battery drain issue first as posted in another thread. I had to uninstall it.

I don't see a battery issue, I am still certain that it is the new facebook app that is causing all the battery problems. I am running 22 and going on 21hrs now with moderate usage of Market, Latitude, Music player, Web and my battery is still at 70%...which is AMAZING to me.

usranger80

Reaction score
Latest doesn't always mean Greatest. If i'm not mistaken FRG22 there is issues with Voice Search. I use Voice Search a good bit!

ok, your right I will rephrase to "latest and pretty dang good" lol, I dont use voice search so I don't notice, I am sure we will see a fix soon though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The issue with Voice search is now fixed. I ran into it last night and an adjustment was made to fix the voice search. Mine is working fine now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.