Leaked FRG22 Update Available for Rooted Droid 1

lordegregious

Reaction score
I just updated my parent's droids with the 2.2 on their stock and they asked if they at least had the same version now. I'll have to put them to shame with this.

Reaction score
Why the hell would it be drivers? I'm pretty sure most of the drivers are the original ones from 2.0, not much has changed with the software's interaction with hardware. Maybe you don't know what a driver is: a piece of software written to enable applications and an OS to interact with and utilize a piece of individual hardware.

Maybe I should have been a bit more specific, it would be the proprietary Motorola files. Like the ones you have to extract from leaked builds to get the latest and greatest when compiling your own Source ROM. These would be drivers yes, and no you are wrong that they are all the same as from 2.0, if that were the case the vendor overlays that had to be created when 2.2 source dropped wouldn't have had to been created in the first place....they would have used the same files as before. Hope this has been informative. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just updated my parent's droids with the 2.2 on their stock and they asked if they at least had the same version now. I'll have to put them to shame with this.
LMAO!
That's EPIC!

P3Droid

Reaction score
ZOMG! Lol I really don't think anyone will notice a big difference between the builds. And there is always this possibility too, so please remember it. A later build number just means it was built after the released version. It is quite possible that they found issues with FRG22 that were not emerging in FRG01B (the earlier build). Since they are all built from the same source its safe to say its drivers that are different....and the released version may have the best set. P3Droid and MDW like to jump the gun on a lot of things without really knowing what they are digging into, like telling everyone that the droidx efuse was going to brick your devices if you hacked the phone - you talking out the side of your ass.I got lots of respect for these guys - your compliment, but I wonder at times like this if their newest release is really the latest and greatest.....or just the latest.

I really appreciate the compliment but at the same time you are talking out the side of your neck. You do not know, nor will know what I heard/read before I posted. You are merely repeating what you have heard others say about what is or is not present in the DroidX. Now that is settled.

As far as how and why certain releases are picked and others are not, we do not have the time to spend going over it with you, FRG22 runs better than FRG01B, its smoother and faster, the drivers are the same but the underlying OS has been changed hence the build difference.

How about you just don't flash it, and leave your negativity to another thread.

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Hey P3Droid, thank you and Cellzealot and everyone else involved for the leak. You guys are awesome. I personally understand you guys are USUALLY the only ones leaking roms. I know others claim they have a different source, but I know you guys are always hooking us up. Thank you very much!

scoder

Reaction score
Why the hell would it be drivers? I'm pretty sure most of the drivers are the original ones from 2.0, not much has changed with the software's interaction with hardware. Maybe you don't know what a driver is: a piece of software written to enable applications and an OS to interact with and utilize a piece of individual hardware.

Maybe I should have been a bit more specific, it would be the proprietary Motorola files. Like the ones you have to extract from leaked builds to get the latest and greatest when compiling your own Source ROM. These would be drivers yes, and no you are wrong that they are all the same as from 2.0, if that were the case the vendor overlays that had to be created when 2.2 source dropped wouldn't have had to been created in the first place....they would have used the same files as before. Hope this has been informative. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Lol, that is not considered a "driver". Software, yes. Software needed in order to allow you to be able to use the Wifi chip, the screen, the CPU, no. Those proprietary files you speak of are indeed important to creating a rom and they do include the drivers, but there is a lot more software necessary to port source to a device.

There is no need for Motorola to update the driver for the CPU unless it had an issue. For instance, HTC might have had to update the Incredible's CPU driver to help with throttling when the device originally had freezing/restarting issues. But at this point, most hardware within the Moto Droid has been working just fine for a while. Your original post made it seem that Motorola wasn't adding any features or enhancements with this build, only updating how the OS and other software interact with the devices hardware, which I find hard to believe since there have been no known, widespread hardware issues since launch.

P3Droid

Reaction score
Hey P3Droid, thank you and Cellzealot and everyone else involved for the leak. You guys are awesome. I personally understand you guys are USUALLY the only ones leaking roms. I know others claim they have a different source, but I know you guys are always hooking us up. Thank you very much!

Thanks we appreciate it, sorry for the above post but there are so many people who can't just say thanks but must say something erroneous and negative.

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised

Thanks we appreciate it, sorry for the above post but there are so many people who can't just say thanks but must say something erroneous and negative.

Yeah, I know. I was just on twitter too and noticed all the b.s. going around, even from "legitimate" websites. They think they know, but they have no idea, lol. On a happier note, I'm almost done making a rom from the leak, so thanks again to you and your team!

Technoman

Reaction score

Let me add my thanks P3. Just started with the rooting in 2.2 and I am loving it so far.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

P3 - thanks for all you guys provide to this community, a ton... but can you go into any detail at all as to why the ota would be frg01b and not this latest build, especially if the latest simply runs better?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

scoder

Reaction score
So this is just for rooted phones? Why is it even in the news.

There are many rooted users in these forums. A lot of us like to hear about these releases, just as much as non-rooted users enjoy hearing about official releases.
Also, these developers devote a lot of time and effort without asking for a dime for their projects and many people enjoy hearing about what they've released/accomplished. Also, from the sound and looks of it, P3Droid doesn't obtain these builds in an easy way. He may even be risking his job if he leaks them from within Motorola, and that kind of trouble for rooted users deserves the front page if you ask me.

I take it you're not rooted. You should look into it, it's a simple process and allows for some really cool customizations and tricks. Themes, huge speed improvements, battery improvements, Wifi and USB tethering and a bunch of other stuff that gives you complete control of your own device. The risk of bricking is very very slim and once you're rooted, you can always restore your phone to an earlier date if you mess something up.