Leaked FRG22 Update Available for Rooted Droid 1

Reaction score
ZOMG! Lol I really don't think anyone will notice a big difference between the builds. And there is always this possibility too, so please remember it. A later build number just means it was built after the released version. It is quite possible that they found issues with FRG22 that were not emerging in FRG01B (the earlier build). Since they are all built from the same source its safe to say its drivers that are different....and the released version may have the best set. P3Droid and MDW like to jump the gun on a lot of things without really knowing what they are digging into, like telling everyone that the droidx efuse was going to brick your devices if you hacked the phone - you talking out the side of your ass.I got lots of respect for these guys - your compliment, but I wonder at times like this if their newest release is really the latest and greatest.....or just the latest.

I really appreciate the compliment but at the same time you are talking out the side of your neck. You do not know, nor will know what I heard/read before I posted. You are merely repeating what you have heard others say about what is or is not present in the DroidX. Now that is settled.

As far as how and why certain releases are picked and others are not, we do not have the time to spend going over it with you, FRG22 runs better than FRG01B, its smoother and faster, the drivers are the same but the underlying OS has been changed hence the build difference.

How about you just don't flash it, and leave your negativity to another thread.

Did I hurt your feelings? Wow.... lets move on because I don't think you really know what it is that is different in these builds at all P3...if you did you wouldn't have bothered to say it was the "underlying OS". The Source code used to build this is the same as the source for all 2.2 builds (and if you didn't know the source houses the underlying OS). The differences will be in the proprietary files that Motorola puts inside the drops and or changes to the kernel (which happens to be in the source). I'm NOT saying its not a faster build, I haven't tested either of them yet because I choose to compile my own from Cyanogen, CVPS, and DroidMod. What I AM saying is that a bigger number doesn't make a better faster build...it makes a LATER build. Simply putting out the highest build number and saying its the best is perpetrating a fraud to the rest of the community without some sort of standard of testing done on your part. Just saying its "smoother and faster" is so subjective and ridiculous if you are going by "feel" without some sort of benchmarking and posting results. I gave you a genuine compliment earlier, I do have respect for you and what you do....most of the time. Lets not get butt-hurt and say I'm talking out my ass though when I posts a legitimate comment concerning leaked builds. If Moto and VZW were going to release the best product then they probably did....and probably had a reason not to release FRG22. I am speculating though, maybe they will re-release froyo with the FRG22 build, but its doubtful in my mind.

CellZealot

Reaction score
I am the one who gets these files and releases them to P3Droid.

We take care wherever necessary to protect the original sources at Motorola.

Most people have no idea at all how these things come about and it's probably best that way, despite the disturbing lack of appreciation that results from that obscurity.

Have fun with the files...

drpaul07

Reaction score
Did anyone actually receive an OTA 2.2 update to their droid yet? Maybe we should just wait and see what build it will be when its just pushed to someones phone instead of finding different builds on the google servers? I don't know..i probably know less than you guys about this stuff anyway lol..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Gentlemen lets not carried away in here over a silly build.

Without causing a huge ruckus over this whole thing people do need to be made aware that a higher build does NOT necessarily mean a better, faster or more stable build.

CellZealot and P3 were kind enough to share this build with the community so just enjoy it and please keep the bickering off the forums.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Most people have no idea at all how these things come about and it's probably best that way, despite the disturbing lack of appreciation that results from that obscurity.

CZ, what you provide to this community is awesome and greatly appreciated... but how can we not be extremely curious when, the same day as the "final" froyo release is out, another leak is released? It would be nice to know at least a little bit as to why that's the case, even if it's an extremely ambiguous answer! :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well despite some of the bickering going on here..
I'll add in my results after flashing this leak.
Haven't run any becnhmark tests. I feel these are unnecessary to the end user. If someone scores a 1700 and another scores a 1600 in Quadrant...is there really any human noticeable difference? IMO, no. Unless there is a DRASTIC difference..these numbers are merely something to brag about.
Real-life experience is what matters.
With that said....this leak runs very well on my phone. It is indeed smooth and snappy. Probably as snappy as some of the custom ROMs I've tried (including those built from source). But I think a lot of it is subjective. I agree that the 'latest' build isn't necessarily the best....simply the latest. Could it have improvements? Sure. But again, how it runs on YOUR phone is what matters.

I definitely thank P3Droid and CellZealot (and any others involved) for all their contributions to our community. It keeps us on our toes.
Looking forward to more as time comes!

P3Droid

Reaction score
ZOMG! Lol I really don't think anyone will notice a big difference between the builds. And there is always this possibility too, so please remember it. A later build number just means it was built after the released version. It is quite possible that they found issues with FRG22 that were not emerging in FRG01B (the earlier build). Since they are all built from the same source its safe to say its drivers that are different....and the released version may have the best set. P3Droid and MDW like to jump the gun on a lot of things without really knowing what they are digging into, like telling everyone that the droidx efuse was going to brick your devices if you hacked the phone - you talking out the side of your ass.I got lots of respect for these guys - your compliment, but I wonder at times like this if their newest release is really the latest and greatest.....or just the latest.

I really appreciate the compliment but at the same time you are talking out the side of your neck. You do not know, nor will know what I heard/read before I posted. You are merely repeating what you have heard others say about what is or is not present in the DroidX. Now that is settled.

As far as how and why certain releases are picked and others are not, we do not have the time to spend going over it with you, FRG22 runs better than FRG01B, its smoother and faster, the drivers are the same but the underlying OS has been changed hence the build difference.

How about you just don't flash it, and leave your negativity to another thread.

Did I hurt your feelings? Wow.... lets move on because I don't think you really know what it is that is different in these builds at all P3...if you did you wouldn't have bothered to say it was the "underlying OS". The Source code used to build this is the same as the source for all 2.2 builds (and if you didn't know the source houses the underlying OS). The differences will be in the proprietary files that Motorola puts inside the drops and or changes to the kernel (which happens to be in the source). I'm NOT saying its not a faster build, I haven't tested either of them yet because I choose to compile my own from Cyanogen, CVPS, and DroidMod. What I AM saying is that a bigger number doesn't make a better faster build...it makes a LATER build. Simply putting out the highest build number and saying its the best is perpetrating a fraud to the rest of the community without some sort of standard of testing done on your part. Just saying its "smoother and faster" is so subjective and ridiculous if you are going by "feel" without some sort of benchmarking and posting results. I gave you a genuine compliment earlier, I do have respect for you and what you do....most of the time. Lets not get butt-hurt and say I'm talking out my ass though when I posts a legitimate comment concerning leaked builds. If Moto and VZW were going to release the best product then they probably did....and probably had a reason not to release FRG22. I am speculating though, maybe they will re-release froyo with the FRG22 build, but its doubtful in my mind.

This is not about being butt hurt I'm just correcting your statement. The drivers have not changed you could drop the drivers in from FRF57 and get this same functionality, trust me I have used drivers across builds.

Have you built an Android OS from source? If so then you know that changes in the underlying OS make a great deal of difference in the performance of the ROM. When CM, Sapphire, or any other Rom is built for the droid they DO NOT build new drivers they copy the drivers from the moto build. What they do change is the source OS, the jave.c files, that changes the performance.

P3Droid

Reaction score

CZ, what you provide to this community is awesome and greatly appreciated... but how can we not be extremely curious when, the same day as the "final" froyo release is out, another leak is released? It would be nice to know at least a little bit as to why that's the case, even if it's an extremely ambiguous answer! :)

Truthfully, it was an attempt to keep us rooted users one step ahead. Non root received FRG01B - which we already had - and rooted users get FRG22.

It is also intended for the themers and developers to have the newest to work with and to build off of, to help the community grow.

That is the ultimate goal.

P3Droid

Reaction score
Gentlemen lets not carried away in here over a silly build.

Without causing a huge ruckus over this whole thing people do need to be made aware that a higher build does NOT necessarily mean a better, faster or more stable build.

CellZealot and P3 were kind enough to share this build with the community so just enjoy it and please keep the bickering off the forums.

I agree but the ruckus is not over that topic of if newer is better, cereal you remember BB when some of the builds were decidely worse, LOL. But the poster went beyond just stating that and therefore exceeded the bounds of the discussion in this thread. Enjoy moderating this thread. :icon_ banana: :icon_ banana: :icon_ banana:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

Truthfully, it was an attempt to keep us rooted users one step ahead. Non root received FRG01B - which we already had - and rooted users get FRG22.

It is also intended for the themers and developers to have the newest to work with and to build off of, to help the community grow.

That is the ultimate goal.
And an admirable goal it is. You, and CellZealot, have my thanks.

jbdavies

Reaction score
Just installed FRG22 on my Droid1 which had... the one before the last one. I have no idea what it was. I can't keep track. lol

I can definitely tell it runs way quicker and cleaner. Now... to install a P3Droid Kernel on there to let it really fly... if it works for me. :)

Thanks guys!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
So i loaded this rom up and I am liking it so far. I see how it works tomorrow. I loaded the Black Glass theme over it and it seems to run smooth. Here is the link for the rom I loaded.

Download Link: 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-FRG01b-DeOdexed-c3-update.zip