Has anyone else received FRG22 OTA?

glenn

Reaction score
Standing by for what ever happens with the FRG22. I grabbed the FRG01B manual update on Wednesday and zero complaints. LOVE IT

OP
J

JFDroid

Reaction score
I'm not at all familiar with Android naming conventions, but is FRG22 a name that Android came up with, or did Pete invent it?

If the name FRG22 is purely a product of P3, then somebody has really gotten creative with your roomy's phone.

Just as ESE81 was the official name for the 2.1 Android update everyone received, FRG22 is the "official" name for one version of 2.2 for the Motorola Droid. It's the build number. Check this photo of my partner's Droid: at the bottom, it shows FRG22 as the build number. The phone is not rooted.

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

OP
J

JFDroid

Reaction score
Pete told me to have my partner use ASTRO to e-mail me the update.zip file and then Pete will verify if it's FRG22. When he goes to lunch and calls me, I'll have my partner e-mail me the file. Maybe this can be sorted out in a couple of hours from now.

lmapp

Reaction score
I'm not at all familiar with Android naming conventions, but is FRG22 a name that Android came up with, or did Pete invent it?

If the name FRG22 is purely a product of P3, then somebody has really gotten creative with your roomy's phone.

Just as ESE81 was the official name for the 2.1 Android update everyone received, FRG22 is the "official" name for one version of 2.2 for the Motorola Droid. It's the build number. Check this photo of my partner's Droid: at the bottom, it shows FRG22 as the build number. The phone is not rooted.

I thought FRG01b was the official name for Droid's 2.2 .

Sal

Reaction score

I thought FRG01b was the official name for Droid's 2.2 .

It is. Frg22 is the next update.of froyo/2.2. My question is: how many people have actually gotten frg01b over the air from verizon? I can't find reports of any and that was rolling out for a day or two before the suspension rumors.

deputc26

Reaction score
Too bad it's not rooted or you could make a nandroid backup of it.

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
As would many other folks, I'd be very interested to have that update.zip if it is indeed a legit untouched, signed-voles-FRG22-from-FRG01B-xxxxxxxx.zip. Of course if we knew what the xxxxxxxx was (probably a the signature fingerprint hash) then we could just download it directly. Unfortunately an 8 digit hex number has 4,294,967,295 possible combinations so we're not going to be guessing the number anytime soon.

briboy

Reaction score
As would many other folks, I'd be very interested to have that update.zip if it is indeed a legit untouched, signed-voles-FRG22-from-FRG01B-xxxxxxxx.zip. Of course if we knew what the xxxxxxxx was (probably a the signature fingerprint hash) then we could just download it directly. Unfortunately an 8 digit hex number has 4,294,967,295 possible combinations so we're not going to be guessing the number anytime soon.

If I had the file I believe I could provide those 8-digits.

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
There are two OTA files (ESE81 and FRG01B) available to test any theories you have about generating the number. I tried jarsigner and it tells who signed them and that the signature is valid, but no 64 bit hash of any kind.