Is this Legit?

Xemnova

Reaction score
http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...update-motrola-droid-frg01b-update-1-2-a.html

According to that I must manually update my phone to frg01b in order to receive the OTA update frg22 when that is released. Frankly, I think that is complete BS. Why would verizon make you manual update to get the OTA update just because of a leak? They can't just assume that everyone will manual update because it's there. I guess, all I'm looking for is for one person to say "Hey, I got 2.2 Froyo (no matter the build) through an OTA update on my Motorola Droid without having to do any manual update and I was using 2.1 stock beforehand." I'd rather not manually update my phone, I will if it means I get frg22 though.

Thanks for any help!

Yes, I had no idea where to post this exactly haha

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon doesn't want anybody to install anything other then apps on their phone. Where did you get that, I didn't see anything like that. I just glanced at it.

OP
Xemnova

Xemnova

Reaction score
Unless I posted the wrong link its at the very top of that mods post in bold lettering.

"Another OTA update (FRG22) will be coming soon. In order to install it, you must have the update from this thread (FRG01B) installed first."

as taken right from the page. I thought that persons information was complete BS. Like you said, I'm sure verizon doesn't want anyone installing something other than apps. I just wanted to be sure.

harrellj

Reaction score
I believe what they are saying is that to get FRG22, you have to be on FRG01B first and the OTA for 01B ends tomorrow. Or in other words, you can't go from 2.1 to FRG22 without getting FRG01B first.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I believe what they are saying is that to get FRG22, you have to be on FRG01B first and the OTA for 01B ends tomorrow. Or in other words, you can't go from 2.1 to FRG22 without getting FRG01B first.

So if the OTA for 01B ends tomorrow there is 100% certainty that I will get it by tomorrow?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't think its FRG22. There is some Market problems and I got resets. Not many but I did get two.

OP
Xemnova

Xemnova

Reaction score
Hm then why did he say "from this thread". Thats a pretty big statement to just say. It does end tomorrow?? Crap, I hope I get it tomorrow then, or tonight! Haha, I'm sure Verizon wouldn't just not have certain phones updated... I Hope...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't think its FRG22. There is some Market problems and I got resets. Not many but I did get two.

Yeah that was my first thought... does this confirm that the FRG22 that was leaked was this new update or not? (rhetorical)

I remember when p3/cz leaked FRG22 right in the middle of the 2.2 OTA it made no sense and everybody was thinking "wth"? However, with the events that have transpired since then, we're in a situation where the FRG22 leak actually makes sense. Almost as if the inside contact found out immediately (or knew already) there were issues between VZW/Moto, and there would have to be a second update.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Jnt,

When FRG22 came out, I too was a little "confused". But honestly, CZ and P3 have given us no indication that they are at all shooting from the proverbial hip. Cz seems to have a pretty solid source, so I basically disregarded a lot of gum flapping here, and went with 22. Even a few of the top forum dogs here have had questionable info at times, but CZ and P3 seem to have a direct line that has proven to be pretty reliable.

Craig

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jnt,

When FRG22 came out, I too was a little "confused". But honestly, CZ and P3 have given us no indication that they are at all shooting from the proverbial hip. Cz seems to have a pretty solid source, so I basically disregarded a lot of gum flapping here, and went with 22. Even a few of the top forum dogs here have had questionable info at times, but CZ and P3 seem to have a direct line that has proven to be pretty reliable.

Craig

I agree completely. They've never given us reason to doubt, but my middle name is skeptical, so I still wondered about it to a fault. :) Now things are starting to make a little more sense...

J

Jett Deion

Most of the time its run by Under Armour. He might have signed up as a baseball player on their site and they sent it. Its were scouts can go and see him, both college and pro. If he isn't good then it will be a rip off.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of the time its run by Under Armour. He might have signed up as a baseball player on their site and they sent it. Its were scouts can go and see him, both college and pro. If he isn't good then it will be a rip off.

hmm?? 10 char...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still curious about this. Probably won't know officially until it hits, but the fact that Trident refers to FRG22 as the next update is interesting - whether misinformed or not.