Droid 4 Utility ICS Only

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Apollo is built in to CM as it's their design, but it probably could be installed in other roms too if you just grab the apk.

Last edited:
OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I haven't tried to run apollo on a different rom as I don't use it.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

AceDROID

Reaction score
Question.. is this tool available for mac? I had it on my windows laptop, got rid of it (it died) and acquired a macbook pro. Droid 4 has been on leak that became official, has been acting slow and stuff, was going to factory reset again (did from the jump from GB to ICS) but decided SBFing to the official ICS might be better..

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Question.. is this tool available for mac? I had it on my windows laptop, got rid of it (it died) and acquired a macbook pro. Droid 4 has been on leak that became official, has been acting slow and stuff, was going to factory reset again (did from the jump from GB to ICS) but decided SBFing to the official ICS might be better..
you can use bootcamp and have win 7 on there as well

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
link for the utility seems to be down?.. aww i just got my d4 today it has 4.0.4 installed so now i need to root her lol
Is this tool the only thing that roots 4.0.4 or will motofail root it as well?

kwyrt

Reaction score
link for the utility seems to be down?.. aww i just got my d4 today it has 4.0.4 installed so now i need to root her lol
Is this tool the only thing that roots 4.0.4 or will motofail root it as well?

Link seems to work fine for me. Takes me to jsnweitzels dropbox folder with the tool and a bunch of other d4 stuff. But I believe motofail is what is used in the tool so that should work. I've heard razrs edge works as well.

Droid 4 - AOKP JB

roblav96

Reaction score
too much traffic on dropbox =[

can someone upload it to mediafire or something? please and thank you!

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Try the dev host link in my signature or just search dev-host.org for jsnweitzel.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

standard101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 Edge
Are options 11 and 12 in the Droid 4 Utility the same as wiping my phone, installing RSDLite, and applying a ICS Fastboot file?

standard101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 Edge
bummer. I guess this means if those options can't help my phone I am bricked. thanks for the quick reply. any chance you know of any other way to wipe the internal storage?

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Unless you did some major damage then you should be able to restore it with option 11 or 12.

standard101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 Edge
Even though option 11 completes as "success", every step executes just fine, the phone is the same as before I applied it. I've run it a couple of times, both times the Utility showed success but the phone reboots back to its old self.