Droid 4 Utility ICS Only

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Most likely it just means that the adb server has been running for awhile. Restarting the tool or maybe your pc should be all that is needed.

alkaholic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thank you much, I'll give it a try from a cold boot when I get home. Just out of curiosity, is the download link still active? I'm getting a 404 error at Dropbox when I try to hit the page at work. Thanks again for the reply, as well as all of your hard work!

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The dropbox link is dead, kept going over the bandwidth. Just use the dev-host one in my signature.

BornAgainBassist

Reaction score
Every time I run the tool, it stops and restarts the ADB daemon then closes. It will not stay open for me to select any options. I downloaded the lite version from the dev's file list. Yes, I have admin rights on my PC and have also attempted to "Run as administrator." I've looked through the .bat, but don't see any reason as to why the CMD window would not stay open. I began inserting "Pause" commands after every line to troubleshoot and the bad command seems to be the following:

::Load up our menu selections
for /f "tokens=1,2,* delims=_ " %%A in ('"findstr /b /c:":menu_" "%~f0""') do echo.

%%B %%C

Any idea why the CMD window would close upon receiving this command?

Last edited:

BornAgainBassist

Reaction score
I did indeed check the MD5 checksum. Verification successful. I'm not sure what's wrong with Windows, but I downloaded the tool again, unzipped to my desktop and it worked. I thought, "Awesome! Now, I'll move it back into my '%homepath%\downloads\...\Root Tools' folder." I moved all of the files to that folder and ran the .bat again just to test. Failed.

Apparently, there is some permission settings or file path break that will not allow me to run the .bat from my desired folder. Oh well, I got it to work. I will just move it to my desktop when I need it.

Thanks for the response, though!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Jsnweitzel,
Is it possible to update your utility so people who fouled up the JB update can fix it? What I'm thinking is using the jump from leak to leak method wherein the JB kernel is flashed, then the ICS files are flashed, and then they can apply the JB update from the sd card.

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Jsnweitzel,
Is it possible to update your utility so people who fouled up the JB update can fix it? What I'm thinking is using the jump from leak to leak method wherein the JB kernel is flashed, then the ICS files are flashed, and then they can apply the JB update from the sd card.

That really wouldn't work, the issue before was with ICS leaks and moving to the most recent and then the official version. Not that it matters now. The JB fastboot file is out here: Droid-Developers SBF and Matt the original tool developer already cranked out a new one for JB here : [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) - xda-developers