Droid 4 Utility Updated

icebear

Reaction score
.213 ics leak and i did not install safe strap all i did before was flash .213 leak straight from stock GB and then rooted .213 ICS and that was it (btw now it is stuck on the flashboot screen and says flash failure now because the battery is low but i cant get it to even restart if i hold the power and vol down it just shuts the screen off and then if i push power again same fastboot screen pops up)

Last edited:
OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Man what a bummer, if it's in the fastboot mode it will not charge. If you can get it back to the red moto log it might then. If not you have to get a "factory" cable, make one or hack up a usb cable and charge directly to the battery. If you search in the forums there are a few posts describing the how to.

icebear

Reaction score
well i was gonna wait for it to die again because it was charging fine when it was off (ok i got it back to displaying the M logo now) and i can still get it into Recovery mode will it charge in recovery?

Am i doing the steps right though and downloading the right files that i listed?

i downloaded the GB files from this http://d-h.st/users/jsnweitzel/?fld_id=3413#files and i downloaded the last file on the list

Last edited:

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
Are you sure debugging is on? The safestrap.apk is in the files folder, but with the stuff you have done i am not sure of the best course to fix.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry about not responding before, was busy this weekend. Debugging is on, as is usb storage. I wanna flash the new .215 now though. Haha just don't want to destroy my phone.

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
well i was gonna wait for it to die again because it was charging fine when it was off (ok i got it back to displaying the M logo now) and i can still get it into Recovery mode will it charge in recovery?

Am i doing the steps right though and downloading the right files that i listed?

i downloaded the GB files from this Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service and i downloaded the last file on the list

Sorry to hear that man... I have safestrap installed just in case.. cause if you get caught in a boot loop, you can force restart your phone then hold both volume buttons and your power button, then scroll down to bp tools, and once loaded you're able to force shut down your phone so you can recharge... Iknow that doesn't help you though.. hmm. Not to beat a dead horse and if someone already asked sorry, I'm viewing from my phone but did you install the folders correctly?

icebear

Reaction score
soo no idea what happen i kept flashing the update over and over again out of anger and it went through... but when i restarted it went straight back to the Flashboot menu so out of anger i kept restarting over and over and over again and now it booted normal and is in ICS .215 .... i have no idea what happen at first i got a crap ton of FC on everything but then it all works now i am kinda worried to restart it lol

icebear

Reaction score
well some how i got it to work... but i am scared to turn off the phone (right now its working fine and is also running .215) gonna let it charge to 100% before i do anything else because right now everything is working fine

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Glad you got it working. Will try to update the OP tonight with 215 stuff.

However i have an idea to shorten the jump process. I am also thinking about splitting the tool into 2. One for GB only and one for ICS only. You guys think that would be a better deal?

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Glad you got it working. Will try to update the OP tonight with 215 stuff.

However i have an idea to shorten the jump process. I am also thinking about splitting the tool into 2. One for GB only and one for ICS only. You guys think that would be a better deal?

Well I have been working on the shorter script and everything is looking pretty good. Just went from 6.16.215 down to 6.16.213 and back to 6.16.215 in just a little over an hour. Still have a few tweaks to run on this one to get it just right. The other good news is that this will not wipe the cache, so you can jump even if you don't a external sdcard. Will get this uploaded in the morning, maybe in a new post.

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
Well I have been working on the shorter script and everything is looking pretty good. Just went from 6.16.215 down to 6.16.213 and back to 6.16.215 in just a little over an hour. Still have a few tweaks to run on this one to get it just right. The other good news is that this will not wipe the cache, so you can jump even if you don't a external sdcard. Will get this uploaded in the morning, maybe in a new post.

Sounds good man! Thank you for all the hard work you're putting into this!

moccor

Reaction score
So we start with the Gingerbread .219, and then use the ICS .213 or .217 to move to the other ICS version? I'm on the ICS .206 leak.

Last edited: