D1-MIUI-1.4.8 (Gingerbread)

hixie5

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it has the screen on and screen off "tube tv style" animations? Also is this stable enough for a daily rom or should i wait a couple of releases?
Yes, it does have the tube style animations from Gingerbread.

As for using it as a daily ROM, well that's up to the individual. Waiting a while for the kinks to be ironed out isn't a bad idea, but I am not that patient; currently running it and checking back in here occasionally to see if there are any tips, updates or fixes.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Running 1.4.8b and this is what I have done so far:

Added the compcache settings to the /etc/init.d/99complete file as stated previously in this post.

Installed VM Heap tools and increased VM Heap size.

Running Set CPU for overclocking.

BTW, I forgot to originally add this in the post, but 1.4.8b I changed the VM heap size to 32mb. The first version was only 24mb

I have been using my phone all day with no FC and only 2 soft boots (no M logo, just Miui boot animation). In next week's build, I will probably try to get compcache on by default. I will also be seeing what magic cvpcs pulls out before he releases final CM7 to see what that may add to the Miui port.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is the military-only lockscreen bug fixed in this one?

Afraid not. AFAIK, it would require decompiling some package files and editing which is a bit beyond my current knowledge.

excellentnuke

Reaction score
Only issues so far are the random reboots (not hard reboots anymore), inability to download over 3G/data, and I can't restore my homescreen layout from the original release of 1.4.8.

DROOIID

Reaction score
You guys should post some screen shots of the gingerbread parts. Need to have something to hold me over until next build

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui

kevin11189

Reaction score
I was having a ton of issues with softboots so I kept trying different kernels. Eventually, I tried Prime's deprime test kernel. It's in the cyanogenmod forum. It's been running a lot better. No more softboots. A lot smoother. I guess it was made for CM7 which is what this build is based off of. So, yeah, I recommend it.