Contest: Text And Walk Giveaway

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Contest: Walk and Text Giveaway

[video=youtube;aiTFFOqwNXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiTFFOqwNXQ"]YouTube - Walk And Text for Android[/video]

Since it’s been over 2 days without a giveaway going, I thought I should start your day with one. This giveaway is of a small, but useful application for those heavy texter’s out there. This application allows you to text and walk without losing sight of what’s in front of you. It does this by taking the information your phone’s camera puts out from your camera, displaying it, and overlay a texting application on top of the camera feed. This application has come to great use already for me, with some people asking me what it is so they can text and drive (not what this app was made for).

If you’re interested in getting a copy and tell us why you should get this application, something serious or funny might just get you 1 of 5 copies we have available. Looking forward to your replies

Last edited:

Kendroid24

Reaction score
It would be perfect for me. I almost walked in to moving traffic texting last week and fell down 12 stairs today at school. I hit my face on the handrail but managed to not drop my phone and get that ever so important text sent.

Incorporate Apps

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks to Wen for the Entry, we are giving a couple of copies of the app. Please note that you will have to be able/eligible to purchase the app directly from the market as we are listing on the market only at the moment (Amazon to follow)
We will refund the purchase once Wen gives us the list with users who won.

Thank you for the interest and please make sure to check out our other apps on the market http://bit.ly/appsmarket

veedubsky

Reaction score
Well this post isn't for me its more for my sister who just got a TB. I am tired of listening to my parents complain about her getting into accidents (2 so far.) with her car. (Texting while driving and late braking resulting in her getting rear ended and being pushed into the truck in front of her by people doing none other then... Yup you guessed it the same thing, TEXTING WHILE DRIVING!!! The other she hit a sewer grate. WHO DOES THAT...) :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil: For people like this they should have a program that locks the phone when GPS senses you are moving unless you are using Navi and that's all you can do. Hahaha (Throw me props if you write a program doing this! and a free subscription ;)) I know this is more for walking while texting but hey it could still help right… :rollseyes: That's my little blurb.

-Dubsky

Incorporate Apps

Reaction score
Hi Dubsky,
we have a disclaimer that we are not supporting texting while driving with our app. Of course, anyone who buys it can do whatever they want with it, their choice, but we are strictly against using our application while driving, it is too dangerous!

We have a similar app to what you requested though - it is called "Safe Drive" and it is completely free. You can find it by following the link from my last post. With Safe Drive you can set up your phone to block calls and sms (could also reply with a predefined sms) while you drive and use your car dock.

videospy

Reaction score
I want the app so I can try to ride a bike while texting...should be interesting to see how that goes, now it just need to record and then i could put it on youtube

veedubsky

Reaction score
Hi Dubsky,
we have a disclaimer that we are not supporting texting while driving with our app. Of course, anyone who buys it can do whatever they want with it, their choice, but we are strictly against using our application while driving, it is too dangerous!

We have a similar app to what you requested though - it is called "Safe Drive" and it is completely free. You can find it by following the link from my last post. With Safe Drive you can set up your phone to block calls and sms (could also reply with a predefined sms) while you drive and use your car dock.

Oh I know hahaha I would never condone it but some people you just can't stop them :angry: that's why I said I know it's not it's intended purpose but anything will help. Just figured I would get my entry and leave it up the big cheese to decide on the winners. Still an awesome app either way! Kepp up the awesome work! :)

-Dubsky

chezzeman

Reaction score
so my gf doesnt get mad at me for not looking at her if i have to text haha

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I could really use this app so I stop tripping over stuff while I'm texting. I'm sure my dogs and the local neighborhood kids would appreciate it.

Do it for the kids! :biggrin:

chris420o

Reaction score
Funny this is the give away today because just yesterday i was in the city(ny) going to an interview and I was texting my gf to let her know i got there and i tripped over someones dog and almost fell off the curb into the street...a lot of people looked at me i felt like such an ass...im just glad it wasnt more tragic and i had to walk in my interview with stains on my suit or cuts on my hands or worse face lol

long story short i hopefully got another interview coming up ina few weeks would be wonderful to have this app! lol

ThirtyftFL

Reaction score
This app can save my life!

Hi, I am a meter reader for a water company. On average I walk about 8 to 12 miles a day. In the past 3 years I have come close to death numerous times while txting and walking. The one time fell into a pool in the winter, thank god the cover held. Twice I've had a bleeding head from walking into air conditioners. I've also been bitten by two dogs that I didn't see, one of them involved a trip to the medical clinic. Thats not even to mention all the time I've walked into street signs and trees. A lot of people want this app, but I need it.

fradster

Reaction score
I would totally use this to play tricks on people. As they start coming towards me, I would veer in front of them. As they course correct to go around me, I would veer back in front of them again. They would have no idea what was going on! Haha!