Bionic Camera absolutely sucks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectime

Reaction score
I understand what he is saying. An older phone takes better pics then the newest greatest one to hit the market. I am glad he is posting his displeasure and not just returning it. Now i was planning on getting the bionic, i might wait and see.
Most posters seem to be rewriting history on the Dinc, Thunderbolt, iPhones, OG and DX. The cameras all sucked until the first or second firmware update. Comparing a year or two old phone with updates to one that was released less than a week ago is just silly. Also most complaints about point and shoot cameras are???? low light and autofocus problems.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most posters seem to be rewriting history on the Dinc, Thunderbolt, iPhones, OG and DX. The cameras all sucked until the first or second firmware update. Comparing a year or two old phone with updates to one that was released less than a week ago is just silly. Also most complaints about point and shoot cameras are???? low light and autofocus problems.

Watch how many issues disappear with the first maintenance update. Or some new ones appear..lol What folks need to understand also is Moto really needs to hear the complaints. Some might actually get fixed. So complaining in the Moto support forums at motorola.com or emailing them is probably a good thing to do.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Watch how many issues disappear with the first maintenance update. Or some new ones appear..lol What folks need to understand also is Moto really needs to hear the complaints. Some might actually get fixed. So complaining in the Moto support forums at motorola.com or emailing them is probably a good thing to do.

Theres no MIGHT about it. Motorola is under contract to deliver a maintenance patch within a certain period of time (I dont recall the exact time frame) but it is coming. Just like the OG droid had a maintenance patch shortly after its release (within 2 months I believe) and every phone since has had the same, the Bionic will receive a patch which will address a good number of the quirks some people are moaning about.

M

Mullensbb

Hey dude...ever heard of user error? i mean taking GOOD photos is actually a talent, some people actually go to school or take classes to get better at it. so im betting its got as much to do with the user as it does the phone...

unless youre talking about the front facing camera...then of course it doesnt compare to other phones normal camera.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
What's wrong with you people ? It's a phone , not a camera , a phone isn't suppose to have a camera . If it has a camera at all it's good enough for me .

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
my og droid sucked at taking pictures when i bought it at release and it still does to this day. even w/o led flash, my wife's eris takes much better pics. imho moto isnt in the imaging business. when it comes to photography I'm a canon man. Do they make phones yet?

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Phones have Cameras installed for ease of use and quick photo ops. Where things get kind of bunked up is; the argument for quality. Some people say any phone camera is enough while others demand more from them. Neither side is wrong. Phone cameras have a fixed, plastic lens. They can never match those of a DSLR or point N Shoot camera; nor should anyone expect them too. At the crux of the situation here is; a user is bringing forward an issue with the Bionic camera as he sees it. Others posted in here and agree, while others take out the bats and beat him up for it. Weather or not the OP should take the phone back is for him to decide (although, he does not seem happy) alone. From what I am reading here; He seems to understand that he cannot expect extreme quality from a phone camera. If the camera on the Bionic is sub-par when compared to other phones weather older or about the same age and all have varying image sensors; to me; that's a problem. Simply stating over and over that you cannot expect too much from a phone camera is not helping anyone or getting the issue fix. Perhaps this was the wrong venue, perhaps he should have simply taken the phone back. perhaps he should have sent a complaint to Motorola. Last time I checked; this was an Android forum where people could start a post for pretty much any reason. The OP did that and simply was not received very well by his fellow posters.

IMO, I think he brought an issue to light and that it is something that Motorola needs to be notified of. It's quite possible it may be fixed in a firmware update just like it's quite possible Motorola will break something else during that update. It's happened time and time again and not just will Motorola or cell phones. I think that if a Manufacturer is billing a phone with X,Y, and Z; it ought to release with those. We can all agree that Motorola is not in the imaging business and that the gods for that. They'd surely be out of business by now if they were. My D1 takes ho hum pics in high light but in low!? ugh just plain fugly. The DX and DX2 also take some fugly pics. We get it! Motorola sucks at image processing and the sensors. Motorola should not strive to be the BEST for phone cameras, just to at least run with the pack.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The OP can complain all he wants but complaining HERE won't change anything. He can either, call, email, or write on Moto's forums, deal with it, or take back the phone. That's the point.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Is it me or are there just two resolution settings for the stock camera, 8 mp widescreen and 6 mp fit to screen? Also, I know I saw a quick shot mode somewhere I can't seem to find now..

mcgrunt42

Reaction score
Anyone tried the option where u can take multiple pics and stitch them together in the stock camera. It doesn't seem to work I took some pics and it said it was stitching them and now I can't find the image or images?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the option where u can take multiple pics and stitch them together in the stock camera. It doesn't seem to work I took some pics and it said it was stitching them and now I can't find the image or images?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
I saw that option but I never tried it. I have an app called Photof and I'm quite pleased with how it makes 3D panoramas so I just use that.

Is it me or are there just two resolution settings for the stock camera, 8 mp widescreen and 6 mp fit to screen? Also, I know I saw a quick shot mode somewhere I can't seem to find now..
There are, I've noticed both resolutions too. I also saw the quick shot burst mode as well. Might have been under the settings.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just went through the settings - it's 6 or 8 mp. Which one would you use? I could not find the quick shot mode. I did find a setting to save to the SD card and checked that but now I'm afraid I'll never find them again.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I just went through the settings - it's 6 or 8 mp. Which one would you use? I could not find the quick shot mode. I did find a setting to save to the SD card and checked that but now I'm afraid I'll never find them again.

Yea, but I am positive I saw a quick shot mode.. will keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.