Bionic Camera absolutely sucks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This picture seems pretty decent to me. Just took it in macro mode. Waited for the box to turn green then took the picture.

And I'm not saying it's the ebst but it takes better pictures than the phone I had previously. I'm not embarrassed by the Bionics picture quality.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1315839427954.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1315839427954.jpg
    592.4 KB · Views: 294

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This picture seems pretty decent to me. Just took it in macro mode. Waited for the box to turn green then took the picture.

And I'm not saying it's the ebst but it takes better pictures than the phone I had previously. I'm not embarrassed by the Bionics picture quality.

Now thats a good picture! One thing I do know is that the video is top notch. As in the thread I posted about the wtc memorial, all the videos I shot with the stock video were HD and excellent, when uploaded to you tube it has the little HD next to. When I used you tubes video shoot option, the video was very below par and no HD tag next to it.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes video was one of the things I noticed right away that Moto did get right. The 1080p video is great for a phone. No complaints. I was actually surprised it was as good as it is. I haven't even thought of lowering it down to 720 to see what that's like.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just tried the same picture in auto, macro and steady shot and they all came out the same.

Video defaults to 720p - anyone change this? I took some video with stock a few days ago and it was fantastic. What's the Tubes?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just tried the same picture in auto, macro and steady shot and they all came out the same.

Video defaults to 720p - anyone change this? I took some video with stock a few days ago and it was fantastic. What's the Tubes?

It's in your settings. Menu>Settings>Video Resolution> HD+ (1080) while in the recording mode. I don't know what the youtube recording option is, I don't see it.

deek

Reaction score
my only picture ive taken so far..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1315840984752.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1315840984752.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 428

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
It's in your settings. Menu>Settings>Video Resolution> HD+ (1080) while in the recording mode. I don't know what the youtube recording option is, I don't see it.

No, when you launch the you tube app it allows you to shoot video from there, thats what I meant. Not part of the phones video app software.

deek

Reaction score
my only picture ive taken so far..

I haven't had any time to really mess with the phone... But I did want to try out the camera and take a picture.
This was in complete dark, with the exception of a fire going. The flash did go off. Complete default settings.
I would add, I'm not even what I consider an amateur photographer. I just plain suck at it. Even point & shoots, I still get blurry images.

This topic has been educational thus far. I'm sure with some tweaks within the settings and learning how to use it better, I could produce a better picture.

This debate is comical. It reminds me of the screen debate. I don't think its a bad screen. I'm not super-picky though. The only concerns I have with phones are signal quality.

deek

Reaction score
Did you have stead shot enabled? Under settings?

All settings untouched (default). I was just trying out the camera and took 1 picture. I really wasn't trying to focus on anything in particular. I have yet to really get a chance to fully explore the phone. I am sure with some time, I can get better with it. But for an environmental setting that was near pitch-black with the exception of a fire & a flash on the phone, I would say that's not too bad for default, not focusing on anything in particular, and me being a horrible picture taker LOL

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, when you launch the you tube app it allows you to shoot video from there, thats what I meant. Not part of the phones video app software.
Ahh okay no wonder. I haven't tried to upload anything using the youtube app. And I saw that steady shot mode. Does it actually help moreso than letting the square turn green once it's focused?

deek

Reaction score
When I re-size the picture and shrink it down..
It does seem much better. But that is likely to be expected with nearly any picture.
Unless you have blurry pictures.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
People don't by smartphones just to make phone calls. A decent camera is one of the MAIN features that attract many to buying phones, as well as resolution and screen quality. Also, one thing that companies do that attract and in essence trick people is broadcast high resolutions of their camera... poor lens tech means poor pics... I think Moto fell off... if after all this time they couldn't get this phone right in all aspects, it's annoying if you were waiting for it... smh

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I haven't had any time to really mess with the phone... But I did want to try out the camera and take a picture.
This was in complete dark, with the exception of a fire going. The flash did go off. Complete default settings.
I would add, I'm not even what I consider an amateur photographer. I just plain suck at it. Even point & shoots, I still get blurry images.

This topic has been educational thus far. I'm sure with some tweaks within the settings and learning how to use it better, I could produce a better picture.

This debate is comical. It reminds me of the screen debate. I don't think its a bad screen. I'm not super-picky though. The only concerns I have with phones are signal quality.

If signal quality is the only concern you have with a phone... why spend $300 on a bionic.. it doesn't have any drastic signal enhanced features... ??? Why should you have to do a bunch tinkering with the camera for it to produce decent results... i'm going to the VZW store acroos the street on my lunch break to test it out for myself and see if i want to drive up the street to costco and buy this phone...

deek

Reaction score
If signal quality is the only concern you have with a phone... why spend $300 on a bionic.. it doesn't have any drastic signal enhanced features... ??? Why should you have to do a bunch tinkering with the camera for it to produce decent results... i'm going to the VZW store acroos the street on my lunch break to test it out for myself and see if i want to drive up the street to costco and buy this phone...
It is a concern because most other features are usually worthless if the signal quality is poor. And yes, there is a drastic signal difference (4G).
Coming from a DX, I wanted to get on a 4G plan with a 4G phone before policy changes may have gone into effect (Such as tiered plans). I wanted to stay grandfathered in while I still could.

I saw the Atrix and Lapdock in a Best Buy months ago. I got a chance to see how well their 4G LTE performed from Verizon, and was impressed. I saw the Lapdock in use w/ the Atrix and was impressed. I knew when I saw that the Bionic was 4G and could use the lapdock, it would take a lot for me to be turned off entirely.

When 40 hours of your week are spent at work.. I want to see how well the introduction of the 4G signal helps be getter better reception. If I had to upgrade, why not get the best the time.. I could of spent less and got a single-core Rev. or got a T-bolt or some other phone that is already somewhat outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.