Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_AGuy

Reaction score
That's not entirely inaccurate. I did the Linux stuff for you, actually. I felt bad that people goaded you into installing 246 when you didn't have a windows box to update with. But this goes back to a very old promise I made to some linux users way back in June or July to convert the HoB to Linux. So, it's done now. I just rebooted after a REINSTALL option. This means that I can unbrick....from linux... :D Now to root this beach and put together a zip file for you guys.
I though you *Linux* guys tarballed files not xipped them :D

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I though you *Linux* guys tarballed files not xipped them :D

I'm not a linux guy. ;) I thought about a tarball though. I can be convinced to change it at some point. I'm uploading it momentarily.

welsalex

Reaction score
Battery isn't too bad for me. No smart actions set, been home almost all day on wifi. Txts, couple calls, lots of tapatalk, some browsing, messing with homescreen/launcher, nothing intensive but constantly turning screen on. Check my screen shot.

livinginkaos

Reaction score
Samurai, I flash my desktop with webtop and now my neighbors garage door opener doesn't work. I went to the instructions like 5 times and now I see I was supposed to use the remote control. Is there any way for me get the back on Channel 4?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC on 247 using Tapatalk 2

hadeshorn9

Reaction score
The previous version of webtop was a modified Linux, so you possibly could have, but that changed when we got ics, now all webtop is tablet version of our phone allowing higher resolutions than previously.

ICS Droid Bionic
.247 courtesy of HoB
OC @ 1.4Ghz

Maan The ubuntu linux was the reason I bought the damn lapdock in the first place! Now it's not even ubuntu ugh! I think I am gonna shoot that thing!
ARGH! Yup webtop can freakin DIAF now! ugh such a let down, I actually wanted to dive into the ubuntu part and see if I could get a full xfce session out of it. Now that was my end goal!
Sigh shattered dreams! awe

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Samurai, I flash my desktop with webtop and now my neighbors garage door opener doesn't work. I went to the instructions like 5 times and now I see I was supposed to use the remote control. Is there any way for me get the back on Channel 4?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC on 247 using Tapatalk 2

And here I thought they weren't adding anymore functionality to webtop! Silly me. :D

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Maan The ubuntu linux was the reason I bought the damn lapdock in the first place! Now it's not even ubuntu ugh! I think I am gonna shoot that thing!
ARGH! Yup webtop can freakin DIAF now! ugh such a let down, I actually wanted to dive into the ubuntu part and see if I could get a full xfce session out of it. Now that was my end goal!

It is dead. It's not ever going to be updated again past webtop 3.0.

unbesorgt

Reaction score

Webtop 2.0 wasn't based on Ubuntu -- I think you are conflating it with the Ubuntu for Android project which is something completely different. Yes it was a modified Linux but then Android itself is a modified Linux, at least technically. While Webtop 3.0 is nowhere near as cool as Ubuntu for Android, it kicks the stuffing out of Webtop 2.0 which was basically just an outdated Firefox browser and a buggy implementation of flash.

bombbreaker

Reaction score
My Mac has USB 3.0. Is the Linux version of HoB still not work with that?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using ICS .247

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My Mac has USB 3.0. Is the Linux version of HoB still not work with that?

I honestly have no idea. I don't really understand why USB3 on windows doesn't work but I'm guessing it's some driver issue. You can try it. No promises. I'm prepping the readme for the linux version as we speak.

hadeshorn9

Reaction score
It is dead. It's not ever going to be updated again past webtop 3.0.
I actually want the previous version for Ubuntu! FRACK! Sorry but Moto you really ircked me on this one!
Love the phones and this was a good addition for functionality for business's huge battery, I wanted to get a damn terminal window and usb console port to my network gear! guess an ultra book is in my future! :p

avlambo21

Reaction score
Sam as I said for Sarge. People are generally stupid/ lack common sense. or in his case is self entitled and doesnt understand the work you have put into HoB

bombbreaker

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
I honestly have no idea. I don't really understand why USB3 on windows doesn't work but I'm guessing it's some driver issue. You can try it. No promises. I'm prepping the readme for the linux version as we speak.

Ok cool

Status
Not open for further replies.