(WIP)Black n Bold by thebowers

pigpen

Reaction score
Just put this on top of Chevy's 4.5 also. It seems very nice so far and looks great. Thanks.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just put this on top of Chevy's 4.5 also. It seems very nice so far and looks great. Thanks.

Did you modify it at all or did you run it directly from the update.zip that I made? Just curious, as I would like to know if it works for other roms.

Here is some of the inverts that I am currently working on. I have also fixed the text on the tabs that go off of the v4.9 images. This way it will be white text on black. I will be putting a new version up as soon as I get some of the backgrounds changed to go with the white text.

ae6bb4da.jpg

Last edited:

pigpen

Reaction score
No i restored the 4.5 image i had backed up, and then did an install from SDcard from Rom Manager for your theme. I didnt tamper with anything. Things i noticed while i had it running were, the menu pulldown was black on black, so was a stuggle to read any notifications. But i also have a dark homescreen image so it would have been easier to read if i changed it up right away. And on the Lock screen, above the 2 tabs, there was an enormous USB icon covering the whole top half of the screen. Other than that, all the menu icons were in place. Its very very nice. I backed up the 4.5 image with your theme also. Im back to running Cyanogen 5.0.8, the 2.1 image. I need my grateful dead / Virus fix from sirius. Sirius | XM wont run on 2.2 Froyo. I can try it on the cyan rom if you'd like.

But i'll keep playing with it, i'm gonna try it on my BB tonite, but i'm already running the smoked glass there, so it will probably just be to see how it looks and then jump back.

Tony M27

Reaction score
I would love to see this on bb v0.4. Tried d it out last night. It worked... til I rebooted. Then there was a cascade of force closes on everything.

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
this is awesome work. i've been using it for several days and i love it.

by any chance do you think you can theme the num pad while making calls, not the one used to make the call. maybe black or gray instead of the ugly stock green?

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great Work My Friend!! CarlZ Showed me the BA he Made it goes great with this theme!!!

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
this is awesome work. i've been using it for several days and i love it.

by any chance do you think you can theme the num pad while making calls, not the one used to make the call. maybe black or gray instead of the ugly stock green?

Yes I will be getting rid of the green and blue number pads while on call. More then likely they will be some shade of grey.

If I get some time today I may upload the latest I have done. Everything still isn't complete but I have alot of inverts done (black market, black talk, menus and popups are all black as well). I have one issue that I am working on trying to find. That is if you do a search in market or in the googlequicksearchbox, it is white background with white text. So if anyone know the fix for that let me know.

Edit: Forgot to mention the new update will be for LM (Jrummy's new release)

Last edited:
OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New update in OP, again this is for LithiumMod only. Still not complete but a lot more images and inverts done.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You are awesome. Thank you so much. How is the new jrummy

Pretty good and fast! Some new options available for rebooting the phone, phone and contact options now.

I would love to hear from the people using the theme.

Benny879

Reaction score
Love the theme...best I've seen in awhile. One major bug that I've found so far....when typing texts in handcent the font is white so its unreadable against the white background. Also, some of the bullet menu's in market applications are also unreadable because the font is black over a black background.

ASN-121

Reaction score
This is my favorite theme so far, can't wait for it to be finished! I just don't know about leaving BB, I've tried nearly every ROM out there, and Bugless has always worked the best.