(WIP)Black n Bold by thebowers

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love the theme...best I've seen in awhile. One major bug that I've found so far....when typing texts in handcent the font is white so its unreadable against the white background. Also, some of the bullet menu's in market applications are also unreadable because the font is black over a black background.

Like what apps? I know mms would have a problem but I don't use it. I will put the black mms and black gmail in later today.

I left BB cause the options weren't there that others have. Who knows I might move to another rom too.

Benny879

Reaction score
Love the theme...best I've seen in awhile. One major bug that I've found so far....when typing texts in handcent the font is white so its unreadable against the white background. Also, some of the bullet menu's in market applications are also unreadable because the font is black over a black background.

Like what apps? I know mms would have a problem but I don't use it. I will put the black mms and black gmail in later today.

I left BB cause the options weren't there that others have. Who knows I might move to another rom too.

Few examples:

Beautiful Widgets...when trying to select what app to launch when pressing the clock the app list is unreadable.

Stock messaging app....when adding a contact to a blank text message the contact list is white on white

Handcent....The text field is white on white. Cant see what your typing.

Gmail....account list is white on white

Google Voice....contact list is white on white

If I find any more I'll let you know.

Last edited:
OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I see about the BW part, I will look into that one. Third party apps are going to be harder to control. As for the others I haven't even started them.

ASN-121

Reaction score
Market is also white on white when searching, other than that and what was previously mentioned, looks fantastic, may have to stick with Lithium Mod. :)

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Market is also white on white when searching, other than that and what was previously mentioned, looks fantastic, may have to stick with Lithium Mod. :)

Yeah I knew about the search in Market issue. I still can't find it. I have been asking in previous comments if anyone knows how to fix that right now.

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
US yellowpage app is white on white

I think navigation is white on white too

I went bck to the older b&b so cant check

Last edited:

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bumping this its truly the only original them on the front page! (im just saying) well done bowers

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bumping this its truly the only original them on the front page! (im just saying) well done bowers

You should bump at a better time than 5 am! :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ASN-121

Reaction score
I had to go to Alternative Dark theme for now, for day to day usability, because Gmail is white on white as well. But if you ever need someone to test, just let me know. I'll definitely be back when it's finished though!

On another note...
With this ROM, I'm constantly getting notified that programs are being granted SU, is that normal or am I special?

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Really gmail was white on white? Where at? As for the su permissions I never had that so you must be special...lol

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to go to Alternative Dark theme for now, for day to day usability, because Gmail is white on white as well. But if you ever need someone to test, just let me know. I'll definitely be back when it's finished though!

On another note...
With this ROM, I'm constantly getting notified that programs are being granted SU, is that normal or am I special?

I've noticed the SU notifications as well, but I thought it was on pretty much anything 2.2, b/c I've noticed it on a few different 2.2 ROMs, as well as (I thought anyway) 2.2 "stock".

ASN-121

Reaction score
The labels in Gmail were white on white. Made it hard for me to navigate through. Same with the text in Handcent, as was mentioned. Those are my two most used apps, so like I said, just had to make the move for day to day usability, but I already miss it, heh.

As for the permissions, it notifies me every time I dock the phone, because I have LEDs Hack installed, and it seems to be every time it wants to flash the LED, it tells me it's got SU. Same with when I wake up the phone, it tells me that JuiceDefender has been granted SU. I didn't get this on BB or when I tried SS and UD, so I just thought I'd ask. Thought maybe it had something to do with the version of SU installed or maybe it was a feature of Lithium Mod.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The labels in Gmail were white on white. Made it hard for me to navigate through. Same with the text in Handcent, as was mentioned. Those are my two most used apps, so like I said, just had to make the move for day to day usability, but I already miss it, heh.

As for the permissions, it notifies me every time I dock the phone, because I have LEDs Hack installed, and it seems to be every time it wants to flash the LED, it tells me it's got SU. Same with when I wake up the phone, it tells me that JuiceDefender has been granted SU. I didn't get this on BB or when I tried SS and UD, so I just thought I'd ask. Thought maybe it had something to do with the version of SU installed or maybe it was a feature of Lithium Mod.

That's a good point, there is a pretty new version of the Superuser.apk, so maybe that IS it.

Are you running a 2.2 ROM? B/c I don't think you should need LED's hack any more on 2.2... unless it does something I'm forgetting about.

ASN-121

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm running Lithium Mod right now, I haven't uninstalled LEDs hack since 2.0.1 so I honestly don't know if there's a difference. I'll remove it and see.

And bowers, I got bored, so I started putting together some icons, here's a few I've started so far. Don't know if you care or want to use them, just thought I"d share.