Who is going too...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am wondering who is going to "invert" the new Facebook and Twitter Applications for the Android Community ?

I am stuck at the old versions until this is done - the inversion looks so nice on my phone - I wouldn't have it any other way

Sent from my Droid

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
thebowers was a great asset to the community and he is missed as is his top-notch work -

Sent from my Droid

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This new facebook.apk has some great benifits to it - does anyone know the xml's that were edited during the inversion process ?

S-f-m-D

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd have to look inside it to see. Never used FB before. If you want to post the apk file, I'll look at it.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is the inverted one by thebowers and the newest version - porting the icons is not the issue, it is the xml edits that were made to change the background color and the text color -

I am sure the whole community would appreciate this work being done

Attachments

• inverted_facebook.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 164
  • newest_facebook.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 163

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah I got ya.. probably changed the primary_inverse_light and dark (you know what I mean )and then there is probably a background file being pointed to or some kind of fill content.. I'll look. Gimmie a few though. I am attempting to edit UD 2.0.0 to fix the music controls on the lockscrren so I already have an apk decompiled.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, I have opened it. Looks like something I can do. I see the font color shout outs. I also see the background shout outs as well. There's just a lot of them for the background. I will take a more serious look at this tomorrow when it's not midnight and I have to be up in 5 hours..lol

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, looks to me like I found all the xmls that need edited. Going to take me about an hour but here I go.. New Facebook coing soon (I HOPE). I've never used it before. I will install it once I'm finished and login with my wifes info but it will be upto you guys to really tell me if something got missed.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I knew someone in the community would step up.
Good luck xkape!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Tallica.. all I can do is try. Bowers was the man. I can't do what he did but I can try tp replicate it.

OK, it installed fine. Rebooting now to see the havoc I just caused..lol

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, it kinda worked and it kinda didn't. Some backgrounds are reversed like they should be and some are like the oldschool.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
best of luck with this... the white facebook is not a good looking UI IMO.... i def prefer the inverted (black background) as well.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
oh wow.. I see what he did. Man the detail he put into this. That had to take forever.

I changed the colors.xml, the drawables.xml as he did but it appears he also went thru to 20 or so xml's in the drawables folder and pointed them to different stuff he changed in the drawables.xml and colors.xml.