Who is going to...[Revisited]-Vending.apk

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue Droid Does - my resolve came by restoring a good back up/flashing your ROM and after the reboot going back into recovery and flashing the update.zip for the Inverted Market

this also works for me everytime. the only caveats I would like to add is: first make sure you have a market that is working perfectly fine. If your market is giving you issues, restore a good backup which has a market that doesnt give you any issues. and when you flash this make sure this is the only thing you flash at that time, dont try to multi task, just install this update.zip and reboot.
This is what works for me too - kinda what I meant by a "good back up" but this makes it 100% clear

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, could you also replace the vending app in the ROM you use with the inverted one (in the system/app folder) and then just isntall the ROM again?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah I put it in my themes, I was just saying that for if someone like Droid Does or Tp had trouble getting it to work. That way, it's like a fresh install just with the inverted market in there too.

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, could you also replace the vending app in the ROM you use with the inverted one (in the system/app folder) and then just isntall the ROM again?

I tried that before and it didnt work for me, the rom and everything flashed fine, but the market was giving me issues. I havent tried it with this version or with any recent rom, so it might be different now or it might work for others, but not me

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
d/l

anyone else having issues trying to d/l this update.zip. I've tried it on both my pc and both my droid's on and off wifi with the same failed d/l or on pc it wont even start.

On my pc it keeps saying I am already d/ling yet it never opened a d/l window. I emailed them too see whats going on I got an answer saing something along the line's of my pc must be virus'd.

I fix dell laptops and sell them on the side I know my laptops and pc's are clean but I tried from 8 different pc's same results the popup for the usual d/l will not open at all. I tried some of your other links on this site which work fine ?

EDIT:
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at dc230.***********.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Last edited:

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
JUst wokeup and tried again

Same error is coming up telling it cant establish connection to *********** and it wont open a d/l dialogue box.

Can someone that has been able to successfully d/l and install this update repost it and post the link or send it to me ?

I really want my black version back :(

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Not having any luck

Im going to try starting over totally right now since it still wont install for me. I've tried everything suggested in this thread so far but starting clean with this update added to my rom's install.zip.

I hope this works cause its really bugging me that I cant get it working correctly.

EDIT: All that BS to start over and soon as the phone rebooted it updated again to the unthemed market after a reboot. Im so pissed right now :(

Last edited:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im going to try starting over totally right now since it still wont install for me. I've tried everything suggested in this thread so far but starting clean with this update added to my rom's install.zip.

I hope this works cause its really bugging me that I cant get it working correctly.

So what, the zip won't install or u get FC's?

I've never had success installing with a Rom, but good luck.

Sent using the DF app, from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
im really gettting sick of google changing things

I tried yet again to get it working on my droidX with no luck at all. So to make sure what you all been suggesting does work so I booted up my older droid 1 and low and behold it works. So what did google change to make it not work on the Droid X.

The zip installs fine thanks, but soon as I finish booting up and click on the market its not themed still.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Must be a change in the Vending.apk from the D1 to the X.

Sorry :frown: