Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
thanks though

NO worries thanks for your help though.
I did atleast get it back on my Droid1

Just loaded up my droid X again and I see version for market [vending.apk] is version 2.12 is that why its doing this to me ? its been updated further ?

EDIT: Uninstalling updates seeing if this helps me this time.
Yup that seems to be what it is :( god I should pay more attention to app versions :)

This older version does forceclose if I leave it on the opening screen too long so I will have to figure out how to retheme it totally. but if I jump off it to my downloads its fine.

Here's what it was stuck like before I noticed it was version 2.12
CAP201012020940.jpg

This is how I want it to look this is version 1.82
CAP2010120210461.jpg

CAP201012021031.jpg

Last edited:

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
ok after all this

I am now installing your 2.1
If i get it working right and not forceclosing on the opening screen I'll edit up the images to make it the way I prefer then after all that I'll post it for other running droid X and wanting it. I will use your install file if you dont mind.
I will just replace those few png's

OK I got it to load up as 2.12 but still getting forcecloses now.

I Just dont understand what is going on this time.

If I force it to go back to 1.82 it works. I dont know what they changed to make it keep force closing now :( If im quick to make it go to my downloads it works till I install or update things they it forcecloses again and I have to reopen and hurry back to my downloads and it stays open again.

Why does google keep changing things. I thought android was an open system so why is it they want to stop us from theming. To me thats not open source at all.

Last edited:

jbg25

Reaction score
this is strange...

I installed this earlier today but was getting constant f/c's from the market. It was so bad I had to restore my backup.

I thought maybe my download got corrupted so I just redownlowded a few times. and I am getting "E: Can't open /sdcard/BlackMarket21.zip (bad)

Have tried both SPR and CWR and have downloaded a few times now too

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Can't get it to work neither. Force closing all the time. Had to go back to unthemed version : (

Strange issue.......

Even tried the obvious ( install just update package over working version)

Sent from my Droid

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The fail proof way (for me) is to wipe data/cache flash a new ROM with the updated Market let it boot up - go right back into recovery and flash this .zip and then reboot

I didn't have to do that this time but I have been flashing and running thebowers Inverted Market on all of my ROM's since he first released it Months ago and the described method never fails (me) -

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are getting errors on aborting the update.zip while in recovery then it is something else going on - I am having the same issue with a UD Nightly I downloaded this Morning, and haven't had time to look into the problem

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sweeeet.. I only have 3 pages.. I set this up to show 40 posts per page :)

jbg25

Reaction score
well....the download on 7 worked

Install seemed to go fine.

But I am still getting f/c's and the app downloads never start...just hangs

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
downloads.

Go to application.and clear cache on market.apk. then i had to toggle off and on wifi as well as 2g/3g. Then it starys the d/l. It still force closes when d/l is complete.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
alternative

U can also try this.in applications/market.apk uninstall updates then uncheck auto update. Lastly push market.apk version 1.82. That seems to be the most stable black n bold themed version i have been able to install.

Here's a link to TheBowers version of 1.82 for market. I cleared cache to stop it from force closing then I used root explorer to install the vending.apk manually. I overwrote the unthemed one then I set permissions and rebooted and all is good. Make sure to uncheck auto update or it will go back to 2.12 unthemed by itself. [if you have a newer version installed you must manually remove it first.]

http://www.mediafire.com/?n8iaw540tl3jin8

CAP2010120210461.jpg

CAP201012021031.jpg

It hasn't forceclosed since I cleared cache [not data as I had first written. Im sorry if I messed anyone up] in system/application/manage apps/market.apk

EDIT: Im no expert but the more I mess with this the more I notice the forcecloses seem to have to do with sdcard. If I connect to pc for theming other apps it causes market to fc. If I do an update one at a time soon as it writes to the sdcard market fc's. Try it and see if its just me or just my Phone's ?

Last edited:

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I reuploaded the file in the OP, see if you guys can download it now.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I reuploaded the file in the OP, see if you guys can download it now.

download worked but at the moment mounting doesnt and going into recovery everytime i have to mount is real bs