Who is going too...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh wow.. I see what he did. Man the detail he put into this. That had to take forever.

I changed the colors.xml, the drawables.xml as he did but it appears he also went thru to 20 or so xml's in the drawables folder and pointed them to different stuff he changed in the drawables.xml and colors.xml.

Xkape is figuring it out.....*holding breath in anticipation*

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
30 xml's later......

:biggrin:

S-f-m-D

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I need a theory.. on some of his xml's, he points it to @android:drawable instead of just @drawable. I am guessing here that what he did was make it use the frameworks file instead of the facebook file. Anyone confirm that?

Upin further review.. this is only done for 1 file.. list_selector_background

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A thought just occured to me..... You guys are probably all running this on Black and Bold yes?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
nevermind.. figured it out.. I just like to think out loud..lol

Install attempt 1.. installed fine. Once booted, Facebook was now called "Back" in my app drawer and FC's. Attempt 2.. installed and was again called Facebook. Came up black instead of white but FC'd on me again before I could see the app.. Running fix permissions on it now to see what happens... nope, process com.facebook.katana has stopped unexpectedly.. I'll keep at it.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and for the record I am not running it with black and bold -

S-f-m-D

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I know... it was just a thought in passing. What I just tried to do was.. 1st, look thru the androidmanifest.xml but nothing was different except the new facebook stuff that the previous version didn't have. So, I decided to try going into the android sdk's data/res/drawables and pulling out those list_selector xml's and .9.png files. No go.

I'm just royally confused why thebowers (or whoever made facebook app) has a bunch of xml's pointing to another xml that doesn't even exist inside the app. And it works! I am obviously missing something.

Time to take a more thorough look inside.

Keep in mind guys... I learn as I go. Never tried to invert anything before. BUT, 3 months ago I didn't even have a droid phone and only used java to play Yahoo Spades :)

I'll figure it out.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now we are gtting somewhere... Everything just went black except for.. 1) the area there where you choose from like 9 things you want to do.. it's white (was black though till this change..lol and 2) it's black if you don't touch it but if you go to scrol or something, it goes white till you let go.

Oh well.. it's progress.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ANyone know where there are screenshots of the one you guys are using now? Won't really know I did it right until I can compare the two.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
xkape you are getting the white when you scroll cause you are not setting the the utlimate bottom layer which is the manifest.xml as theme.black

Also you are going to want to look for anything that says android:cacheColorHint="#ffffffff", It will need to be changed to android:cacheColorHint="#ff000000" to go with the black background.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you in here bowers, even if it just for a few - I hope everything in the real world is going good for you and all of yours :happy:

S-f-m-D

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thebowers?? You're back??

xkape you are getting the white when you scroll cause you are not setting the the utlimate bottom layer which is the manifest.xml as theme.black

Also you are going to want to look for anything that says android:cacheColorHint="#ffffffff", It will need to be changed to android:cacheColorHint="#ff000000" to go with the black background.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)