Inverted Twitter Version 1.0.5

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am going to try my hand at inverting the Twitter app. I have never done this before, but with the help of thebowers' inversion walkthrough and a few prayers, maybe I can get it done. I will keep you all updated on my progress, but I wouldn't expect it real soon. It will be my luck that Twitter will update as soon as I get it done. APK Manager is being real particular and I'm getting an error when I decompile the Twitter app. It is the first time I have used it since the install and I have to figure this out before I can even get started.

Okay, here is my first attempt. It installed okay, but I have to figure out why it keeps force closing on me. If anyone wants to look at it, I am posting my progress. Just change the zip to apk and install with Root Explorer or Astro. I will get back into it tomorrow. Later.

Edit: I have been able to install this over the existing app. As I said, just change the zip to apk.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
we have a great community full of support and knowledge - we would be glad to help you along :)

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
we have a great community full of support and knowledge - we would be glad to help you along :)

Thanks I will probably need it. I followed along through the latest Facebook and Market inversion and it was great how everybody came together to get it done. I want to be a part of that.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is a great community to be a part of :wink:

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll help tomorrow. First thing would be to change the manifest.xml file.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I personally hate it here, but they keep me chained to a radiator in the basement, so I can never leave.

Jk anyway good luck with the inversion, always good to see people expressing an interest in joining the dev community.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can only work on it at night, but I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks. I plan on trying to be an Inversion Pro by the end of the two weeks. This is the error that I get with APK Manager:

Please make your decision: 9
cd: 305: can't cd to other

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.directory.DirectoryException: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.hasSources(Unknown Source)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(Unknown Source)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Unknown Source)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: brut.directory.DirectoryException: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at brut.directory.ZipRODirectory.<init>(Unknown Source)
at brut.directory.ZipRODirectory.<init>(Unknown Source)
at brut.androlib.res.util.ExtFile.getDirectory(Unknown Source)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:131)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:148)
... 7 more

I have a help request on xda-developers in that thread to see if anyone can help. Dully79 helped me get it set up in Linux and I'm hoping he can help me out. When he helped me set it up, he had me change the 'other' folder to 'am'. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. He has a working version, so there is something that he might have missed when he told me how to set it up.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
spaz as long as you keep the radiator running then we are cool :tongue:

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I personally hate it here, but they keep me chained to a radiator in the basement, so I can never leave.

Jk anyway good luck with the inversion, always good to see people expressing an interest in joining the dev community.

tappin and a talkin

Aren't you supposed be quiet down there...JK.

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay, I got the apk decompiled and I'm editing the AndroidManifest.xml. Bear with me because I ate up most of the night just trying to get the damn APK Manager up and running.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
...it's alright, take your time and we are here if you get stuck :biggrin:

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well...I thought I was getting somewhere, but I just installed what I had done and I don't see any of my changes. I'll have to give it up for tonight. Tomorrow is a new day.

Scratch that. I couldn't go to bed without some progress. I posted what I have done in th OP. I will get back at it tomorrow.

Last edited:

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sick kid for me, means I get to stay home today!!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sick kid for me, means I get to stay home today!!

That could be good or bad.. reay sick = busy "cleaning up" all day and 2 days later you have it too. sick = lazy and sleeps all day and its like you are on vacation.

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think I might start over tonight and slow down. I will do some changes and then test to see my progress. Hopefully that will make it easier if I get some force closes.