Inverted Twitter Version 1.0.5

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Devildog.. post what you are editing as well. It may be more helpful if I (or we) know what you are doing.. That way I can at least point you in the right direction. I have never even seen the Twitter interface so I need that info to help you.

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Devildog.. post what you are editing as well. It may be more helpful if I (or we) know what you are doing.. That way I can at least point you in the right direction. I have never even seen the Twitter interface so I need that info to help you.

Sounds good. I read over the Facebook thread again and seen how you did it. I'll keep everyone (as well as myself) posted on what I have edited. I kind of went a little crazy last night on editing things and lost track. I was still a little frustrated about my late start because of my adventures with APK Manager.

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, I am not off to a good start tonight. All I did was edit the AndroidManifest.xml file and recompiled and signed it. It installed on the phone with no problem, but I got a force close when I tried to open it. I am not doing too good so far and it's only the first edit. This is what I changed it to:

android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black" and this is what it was originally: android:theme="@style/Theme"

Is this wrong? I was looking at the previous BnB Twitter app and that is what the theme was on there.

Edit: I think I may have figured it out. I am thinking that I don't need to edit the AndroidManifest.xml file. Let me go back to look at it.

Last edited:
OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay, I'm pumped!! I'm actually getting somewhere now. I have updated the OP with the new version that I have got now. I edited the styles.xml and colors.xml in the values folder. I have also swapped out the pngs in the drawable-hdpi folder.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It should say theme.light in the manifest (for you to change to theme,black) I would have thought. if not, then i would have attempted the exact same thing you did.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Devildog.. you may want to post screenshots of any issues you are having (if you even have any). I have never used Twitter and have no clue what it looks like. However, if I saw a screenshot, I could make a good guess as to what needs changed.

Thats again assuming somethig isnt working and assuming you want the help.

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Progress At Last

Okay, I have done some edits in the drawable folder. I edited the bg_bottom_bar_signup.xml and the list_row_background.xml. I also swapped out some pngs in there. I have posted some screenshots to see if anyone has some input.

1. The widget doesn't look too bad.
2. At the top and bottom of the tweets there is a white fade. I would like to get rid of that.
3. The home screen looks like it is right.
4. In the search box, I am getting black letters on black (if you look closely, you can see the black letters). I still need to track that down.
5. In the "My Profile" page, the list is white on white until you scroll. The list turns black then.

I have some other screenshots, but I'll have to continue it on the next post.

Last edited:
OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Progress...Continued

Here are more screenshots:

1. This one I need to change the text of the blue field to black.
2. This is the same as #1.
3. This one looks like it is good except for the white around the buttons.
4. This is the same as #4.

I am going to give it up for the night. I'll try and get into it tomorrow night, but Friday is Xbox 360 time, so no promises. I also start my vacation at 5:00 PM tomorrow night, so I should be able to wrap it up this weekend. I have updated the OP with the most recent file, so if someone wants to take a look at it, knock yourself out. Later.

Last edited:

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
just tested it out

Not sur why I tried a few times but im getting force closes with 1.05, dropped back to 1.04 again for now.

UPDATE: I got 1.05 working on my DX.
I just know tried to put it on my d1 and I keep getting a login problem telling me to try again later ?
Anyone else see this happen on a droid1

Keep up the good work though for the most part it looks great.
again im testing them on a Droid X here.
CAP201012070018.jpg

CAP201012162119.jpg

CAP201012162118.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not sur why I tried a few times but im getting force closes with 1.05, dropped back to 1.04 again for now.

Has anyone else tried this out? I have it on my phone and I have gotten 0 F/C's, but I didn't do too much in it last night. I got in there to take some screenshots, but that is about it. I will mess with it today and see if I can get it to F/C.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
2. At the top and bottom of the tweets there is a white fade. I would like to get rid of that.

This is the cachecolorhint code. By default it is set as ffffffff, just needs changed to ff000000. You will need to find this for anything that has a list.

detox

Reaction score

Has anyone else tried this out? I have it on my phone and I have gotten 0 F/C's, but I didn't do too much in it last night. I got in there to take some screenshots, but that is about it. I will mess with it today and see if I can get it to F/C.

Im using this on my x as well and so far no fc's. Had to uninstall twitter before I could install inverted apk. This is sweet!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The easiest way I found to find those cachecolorhints was to open all the xmls's at the same time with Notepad++ and then do "find" and search for cachecolorhint

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wonder if I can do this with gedit. I am using Linux.

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is the cachecolorhint code. By default it is set as ffffffff, just needs changed to ff000000. You will need to find this for anything that has a list.

Thanks for the help. I'll try that tonight.