Who carries their Droid naked? How has it held up (scratches)

soba1

Reaction score
I had mine naked for a while loved the feel of the glass.
But the thought of maybe dropping it I put Invisi Sheild
on it. But I keep mine covered and I do have a hard plastic
case on it. I'm anal; what can I say

darreno1

Reaction score
Screen protector only here. IMO, the Droid's body holds up very well. I've placed it on a variety of surfaces and have had it since Nov 11th and NO scratches. I'm pretty careful though so I'm sure that helped but none of my other phones ever held up this well. I think my iPhone was the worst. After a few weeks there were already scratches on it and the funny thing is, I had a friggin body protector. It was the fine dust that got in between that pitted and scratched up the coating.

QR_addict

Reaction score
Naked! Used to have Body Glove armor but the clamps would scratch the phone's sides. No screen protector for little over a month and no scratches, yet....

bigthinker

Reaction score
Naked with only a screen protector and no scratches so far....I would hate to drop it on the street though....One of the corners would like pretty sick if it was dropped. I think its metal though so maybe the street would look worse than the phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I carry mine in my shirt pocket naked. One of the good things about the Droid is it has that rubberized back and that keeps it from sliding. 99% of the time.

Yesterday for the first time it slid out of my pocket on to the hardwood floor. No damage, suprisingly the battery cover, which is tough to get off popped off.

yoopermjm

Reaction score
Naked, carried in a belt pouch. What a sleek machine. Tried the vzw hard case but I thought it got in the way of the top row of the physical keyboard, which I could not live without. No scratches whatsoever in over a month.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Naked for a month and looks like new. This phone has the new tougher Gorilla glass on it.

kevin1016

Reaction score
Naked and no pouch or protection of any kind. Still looks flawless.

aldeghij

Reaction score
Completely NUDE. Bought the screen protectors from Verizon, but they keep lifting on the corner where the led is. Have used two of the three so far. Plus I like the way it feels without them. Have also had two hard cases, but they get in the way of the screen transitions and stuff. Have thought about belt pouches, but when I had my Storm I kept dropping it places. Dropped it in the parking lot of Lowes once and didn't notice.... Freaked out, back tracked and managed to find it...

Tabs

Reaction score
Really not a scratch on mine - naked since release day.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
i never really understood why someone would put a big bulky case on a nice, slick, attractive phone like the Droid or iPhone. Same goes for screen protectors. I've never found one that doesn't compromise the feel of the display.

That being stated, I've carried my Droid around "naked" for a full 24 hours now:)

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
I have had my droid since Christmas day. I have two little notches in the screen and it hasn't been anywhere except my pocket with no other gadgets and the multimedia dock. The little nitches seem to go directly through the phone so I think they might be cracks but I'm too afraid to take it back because I don't want them yelling at me. And yes, my droid is naked.

Shad0w325

Reaction score
Had my Droid naked for almost a month and it is still perfect. :) No scratches anywhere on the device.

crspang

Reaction score
I carry mine semi naked. I use a plastic holster/clip that is designed for the phone to face inwards, but I keep it facing outwards so I can still access the screen. No problems so far (knocking on wood).

GiantDroid

Reaction score
Carried mine for 2 months NAKED -- dropped it on Tuesday, completely shattering the gorilla glass. No scratches on it, just a shattered screen...

My replacement phone is going in a holder/case. Can't decide on which one yet

Attachments

• droid.jpg
    droid.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 190