Seido Rugged case Review!

KukiKid

Reaction score
Hello,
First of all I would like to thank DroidForums for sending me this case! If they hadn't I would have probably never been able to acquire it!

AT A GLANCE/ OVERVIEW:

When I first opened my package I found several things. A holster, A Silicon skin, A hard outer shell, and finally a special Innocase surface with a screen protector on the front. Pictures of these can be found below. After looking at the case I just want to settle a couple things. First of all, the case is water resistant NOT WATER PROOF! The cutouts for the Mic, Speaker, and rear noise cancelling mic are definite entries for water but, the case is sealed tightly so it will prevent rain and sweat damage. Also This case prevents the use of the keyboard but the outer hardshell/silicon skin is easily removable to re-allow that feature.

INSTALLATION AND TESTING

Installation was pretty easy, Put Innocase on, Put skin on, Put hardshell on, All set! One thing I would like to establish is that... well plainly the screen protector SUCKS!!!! It feels sticky and is raised above the screen slightly so for dragging gestures you really have to apply some pressure. The Corners and edges are impossible to register touch. Luckily if you own an existing Innocase you can use the front piece from that and It will work just fine. The level of protection is AMAZING! I feel like I could throw the thing across the room and it would be alright! I did some testing around my house with various drops, kicks and skids. The cutouts are perfect but the camera flap kept falling out of the little notch in the back as I did my drops but who else takes videos like that lol?

**DISCLAIMER** I am not suggesting you to try ANY OF THE THINGS I DID TO TEST IT AT HOME**** I cannot emphasize that enough.***NO Droids were harmed in the making of this film thanks to the SEIDO RUGGED CASE***** I also tested these drops with the screen protector on. When I was all done with it I noticed a few very, very, very minor nicks in the screen protector but most of them were just dirt.

[video=youtube;jy9LQ2hAX8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9LQ2hAX8Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9LQ2hAX8Y[/video]

The drawbacks from the level of protection is the level of Thickness... When I say this thing is protected I mean it feels like a brick. To carry around conveniently in your pocket is a little discomforting and the holster it comes with is a little.... nerdish.

OVERALL/FINAL VERDICT

For a durable, Long Lasting, Protective case there are not many others on the market that can compete with this case. The only thing I can think of that offers more protection is a case that would make the phone unusable in the case. For a rough and tough consumer I would highly recommend this case but suggest removing the outer shell for more casual use inside.

Last edited:
OP
KukiKid

KukiKid

Reaction score
Lol I tried embedding that video 3 times before I just posted the link and it auto-embeded it lol.

grimloktt

Reaction score
Thnx for the review. I lmao as you threw your droid around. I couldn't believe it.lol i thinkseidio should place a link to your video on their website. It really showed how well the case provides protection...