Changed name to update
Transferred.
Same error.

Just my luck!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, just out of curiosity, your are successful in getting the Sir Psychos Recovery flashed aren't you? It's been a while, but it should say so at the top of the screen while booted into recovery.

If so, I am stumped. You can try going to my guides, I have a method to manually instal su, busybox, and Superuser.apk when you get this error. Or I have an alternate method as well.

good luck

JourneyAbout

Reaction score
Yes, I'm all good now. Installed ROMmanager and flashed CWRecovery. I then flashed Simply Stunning 5.6 and I've been toying with that for the last 24 hours! So exciting! Thank you for all your help! Your guides were clearly written and just what I needed.

doc4255

Reaction score
will this work for a tablet....

hey all!

Will this rooting work for a tablet running 4.1.1. the device is a coby kyros MID 1126.

thanks for any help you can give

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. This is for the Droid only.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JarJarsBari

Reaction score
Hi,

So I recently bought a Droid A855. Yea, I know, with all that's out there, but I lost phone, got a great price on Ebay. So after reading the instructions, I'd like to know if anyone has tried this process on a Windows 8 computer.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hi,

So I recently bought a Droid A855. Yea, I know, with all that's out there, but I lost phone, got a great price on Ebay. So after reading the instructions, I'd like to know if anyone has tried this process on a Windows 8 computer.

I doubt anyone has, but I _think_ you could do it by right clicking and running RSD Lite as Administrator.

good luck

LordBalthazar

Reaction score
So I have a Droid 1 that I have been using as a secondary phone for certain apps. Yesterday my phone started acting weird (every app would force close when opened) and I was forced to do a Factory Reset. My problem is that the apps I use have now been updated beyond the current version of Droid 1 OS (2.2.3). They now require atleast 2.3.3 I am a complete noob when it comes to rooting, the process looks long and complicated so I have never tried it before, however people are saying that you can install 2.3.3 on a rooted phone so I am going to give it a try. I read through this guide and am guessing that once it's completed the phone is only "rooted" not "updated" to any new version of OS. Does anyone have a working link to a good 2.3.3 OS (or later, that will run on a Droid 1)? All the links I find are dead cause they're 3+ years old. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Well I found a video on YouTube that still had the file available for download. So I guess I can give this a try: [video=youtube_share;gDR63MH1NYQ]http://youtu.be/gDR63MH1NYQ[/video]

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yes, I have a boat load of files for the Droid A855. They're not organized but they're there. I was using ss5.6 at the last. It is an Android 2.3.7 ROM.

However, you need to root your phone first, have you done that yet?

good luck

LordBalthazar

Reaction score
Yes, I have a boat load of files for the Droid A855. They're not organized but they're there. I was using ss5.6 at the last. It is an Android 2.3.7 ROM.

However, you need to root your phone first, have you done that yet?

good luck

Hey, ya I rooted it tonight using the method on the first page of this thread. However, I tried following the instructions in the video I posted to upgrade my version. However, when I try to do the Backup it fails saying it can't dump the image and when I try to apply the update.zip file it says "not such file found". I am placing the file in the same place I put the files to root my phone. I tried both the file that was linked in the YouTube video as well as the latest file listed on the Cryo site.

The place I'm putting the file is once I connect my phone to my computer and I get the "Brows files" option. I just select that and place the file inside that folder. I *am* renaming the file to update.zip as well.

Also note: I have a 16gb SD card. I'm guessing this version of CMR is not compatible with it.

When Trying to Backup it says:
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1
SD Card space free:0MB
There may not be enough free space to complete backup... continuing...
Backing up boot...
Error while dumping boot image!

When trying to apply update.zip it says:
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(No such file or directory)
Installation aborted.

When I boot my phone and look at SD Card & Phone Storage Settings it says I have 14Gb free on my card. So I'm guessing I need to tell Clockwork where my card is... or perhaps my card isn't initializing when I load clockwork upon booting.

Last edited: