What's Red and Blue, and Makes Android Users Happy? Sapphire and Ruby Double Release!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to see the themes ported, as well, it's important to remember one thing here....they could have delayed the release to give theme authors time to update their themes so that they'd all be available on release, but, I'm thinking it was a better move to release the rom then let the theme authors do their thing while we wait patiently. :)

RevivaL

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to see the themes ported, as well, it's important to remember one thing here....they could have delayed the release to give theme authors time to update their themes so that they'd all be available on release, but, I'm thinking it was a better move to release the rom then let the theme authors do their thing while we wait patiently. :)
agree. so much rather have the rom then wait for themes, like this.

Hashi

Reaction score
928 I'm jumping in with your theme. :)

I jumped before you.

Although I like the look, I'm wondering how (or if) you can change the notifications, for example, to not be black on black. I've tried using the gem settings but they appear not to do anything (the color picker ones) after 928 is installed.

I suppose this is in entirely the wrong thread and I apologize. Feel free to point me to the correct thread.

Thanks,

Hashi

plaidman

Reaction score
Supposing we don't have (or want) titanium backup, does anybody know what .apk to remove in /system/apps to resolve the google search issue? I looked through the thread as best I could, sorry if I missed it.

keithsmith22

Reaction score

I jumped before you.

Although I like the look, I'm wondering how (or it) you can change the notifications, for example, to not be black on black. I've tried using the gem settings but they appear not to do anything (the color picker ones) after 928 is installed.

I suppose this is in entirely the wrong thread and I apologize. Feel free to point me to the correct thread.

Thanks,

Hashi

If it is still like 1.0 you need to reboot your phone for the settings to take effect. Try that and see what happens.

cdub998

Reaction score
Quick question. So I got the 2.2.1 updated Gmail apk and wanted to upgrade. When I tried it said the upgrade was unsuccessful. Is the RMAPK command for email going to remove the corporate email or Gmail? Any way around this if it is corp email?

Armyof2

Reaction score

I jumped before you.

Although I like the look, I'm wondering how (or it) you can change the notifications, for example, to not be black on black. I've tried using the gem settings but they appear not to do anything (the color picker ones) after 928 is installed.

Thanks,

Hashi

If it is still like 1.0 you need to reboot your phone for the settings to take effect. Try that and see what happens.

That is correct you will still need to reboot to see color changes

bhughesiii

Reaction score

I jumped before you.

Thanks,

Hashi

Also if your typing in the color (i.e. #ffffff) make sure your tapping the color in the center of the wheel to actually Pick the color.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Supposing we don't have (or want) titanium backup, does anybody know what .apk to remove in /system/apps to resolve the google search issue? I looked through the thread as best I could, sorry if I missed it.

EDIT:

Woops...replied to the wrong post....

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Quick question. So I got the 2.2.1 updated Gmail apk and wanted to upgrade. When I tried it said the upgrade was unsuccessful. Is the RMAPK command for email going to remove the corporate email or Gmail? Any way around this if it is corp email?

This is the post I meant to reply to. :D

/system/apps/Gmail.apk is where you'll find the currently installed version.

Hashi

Reaction score
Thanks for all those replies regarding the color change for 928's theme via GEM.

I'm trying it now.. (rebooting after changing the notifications titles to a lighter color), and the verdict is ........ :::

Hey it works! Thanks all. I guess I thought it didn't because I appear not to be able to change the 'time' even before the 928 (or after) color, but that's not important for me.

Hashi

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I jumped before you.

Although I like the look, I'm wondering how (or if) you can change the notifications, for example, to not be black on black. I've tried using the gem settings but they appear not to do anything (the color picker ones) after 928 is installed.

Thanks,

Hashi

You gotta reboot after making those changes..... man I will sure be glad when my new bumper stickers get here............:)

KnowyourROM.jpg

HA,HA,,,sorry couldn't resist...but if I had a Dolllar for everytime this happens!!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I have been using the Gmail 2.2.1 app in my Themes for around a month now. The version in my Themes is just pushed to system/app replacing the old version.

Sometimes you do need to "Wipe Data" for the Gmail app ONLY using Titanium Backup if you start to get FCs after the install/update from the older version.

plaidman

Reaction score

I answered my own question: GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

So after you do a fresh Sapphire install, if you want the updated Google Search Widget, you can do the following commands on your favorite command line tool (I like ConnectBot). Mind you, these instructions might be a hell of a lot easier with something like RootExplorer, but I'm a cheap ass and I'm comfortable with *nix command lines. Skip this first part if you uninstalled with TitaniumBackup.

su
sysrw
rm /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
sysro
reboot
(dunno if you really need this, but just to be safe)

When the phone comes back, download the new Google Search in the marketplace. Now, unfortunately, the search button will be broken because it's still looking for the old /system/app application, but the new one was installed to /data/app. So we need to open our favorite command line tool again and move the .apk file.

su
sysrw
mv /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
sysro
reboot
(again, not sure you need to do this, but it's safe)

And now your search button will work as it used to. Happy searching!