What's Red and Blue, and Makes Android Users Happy? Sapphire and Ruby Double Release!

drousseau99

Reaction score
To get google search to install, I uninstalled it using Titanium Backup, rebooted, then was able to install if from the market.

bodean

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see how many people are using an interactive kernel with this and the reason behind it? I notice the majority of people want battery life on their droid, but reading about the interactive kernels, you sacrifice battery life for performance.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
To get google search to install, I uninstalled it using Titanium Backup, rebooted, then was able to install if from the market.

Nice one! Doing that now myself. Thanks for the tip!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, so, I know doing rom updates at 1:30am is a bad thing sometimes, but, I only ran into two problems. GMail would force close. Easy fix for that. Went into the application manager and deleted data and let it resync. Then this Google Search update problem, which the fix for us using Titanium was just posted and now have that sorted. I deviated slightly from my usual install method.

-Backup
-Wipe
-Install ROM, Kernel, GAPPS
-Reboot
-Skip logging into my gmail account
-Reboot into recovery
-Install titanium backup
-Reboot
-Restore apps and settings in Titanium Backup
-Reboot into recovery
-Wipe Cache
-Install GAPPS package again just to be safe
-Reboot

This worked very well other than the aforementioned issues with gmail and google search. This rom is running very well, seems quite fast, and we'll see how battery life goes. I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I badly miss the Droid X theme. (Typically I don't theme, but, I've been running Droid X since 1.0 and absolutely LOVE it).

Oh, and to the person who created the new boot animation....job WELL done on that! I was shocked when I saw it. :D That rocks!!

Now to make a backup and wait for the Droid X theme.

dave4100

Reaction score
I had the same issue with google search and just ran a batch from titanium backup and brought it back that way. Works fine now.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem installing the Google search update from the market after installing 1.1.0?

Noticed this too and I used ADB to format SYSTEM, DATA and CACHE so I had a good wipe.

OP
S

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
when can we see a rom for the X???????????
When the bootloader is cracked.

kinda... i'm gonna be overly technical, the rom can be flashed to /system without a cracked bootloader, but a boot image or custom kernel cannot be flashed until the bootloader is cracked.

so technically we can put out a custom rom without a custom kernel...

but as to when... well when it is ready...

Thoraldus

Reaction score
Installed last night. On a whim I did not wipe. Purring along nicely this morning with the 125-1250LV kernel. No issues with Google Search update or GMail. Love the DSP! I've been using a similar boot animation for some days now except mine doesn't spin as fast. :wink: Kudos!

RevivaL

Reaction score
since the install last night and the 125-1000 lv kernal, my phone's been running amazing. the battery life i'm getting with it is unreal. I flashed the black bar mod for 1.0 on it, and that hasn't seemed to make any real difference.

awesome work on 1.1

bodean

Reaction score
Are the LV/Standard/Increasing kernels all interactive? Or is that just the increasing one?

keithsmith22

Reaction score
All right folks call me an idiot but this goes for 1.0 and 1.1.0. I am loading the new one now and trying to get everything reset-up so i will see how that goes. My question is though, when you go into DEV Tools there are items listed with a gallery icon next to the, Galaxy, Grass, Water. What are those? When you touch them nothing happens. Just a little question. Thanks in advance.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

RevivaL

Reaction score
blah so impatient. someone needs to port over the blar bar theme with rev battery icons.