What were the "old" days like?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
[video=youtube;wDsURw1rsj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDsURw1rsj8[/video]

[video=youtube;RqrSoaAm91Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqrSoaAm91Q&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;m9E6tTPvLWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9E6tTPvLWk&feature=relmfu[/video]

[video=youtube;_8eGkvBeivs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8eGkvBeivs[/video]

Great stuff. Back when TV was really funny and it took some talent to pull these bits off. Even though it was before my time I still love this show. I watched it in re-runs.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
As they say...those were the days, my friend. No "reality TV", it was all creative and true acting. Don Adams and Barbara Feldon (man did I have a crush on her!! LOL!) were the epitome of comedy, talent, and sexual tension, all without being vulgar or obscene. It was a great show, and frankly I don't think the movie does it justice.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Were your ears ringing?

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

No, but my shoe was!!
biggrin.gif

Great stuff. Back when TV was really funny and it took some talent to pull these bits off. Even though it was before my time I still love this show. I watched it in re-runs.

Sure was...Oh, and by the way - how did you get my phone number, it's an unlisted shoe! :icon_eek:

Operator: "What number are you calling?"
Smart: "I'm calling Control, Operator…"
Operator: "You have dialed incorrectly. Give me your name and address and your dime will be refunded."
Smart: "Operator, I'm calling from my shoe!"
Operator: "What is the number of your shoe?"
Smart: "It's an unlisted shoe, Operator!"

Last edited:

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Use to sit on my granpappies lap and sip lemonaide and wait for the mail to come.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I remember having glass bottles of milk delivered to our front door and Wally brought us our bread in a bread delivery truck every Tuesday. That is really dating myself.

When I was in fourth grade, my teacher was telling us about what the future would bring. Said that in the future we would be able to see the person that we were taking to over the phone. The idea freaked me out because I thought there was no way I would want to answer the phone if I was in my pj's.

Girls had to wear dresses to school.

We had bomb scare fire drills where you had to curl up under your desk.

We played football 500 in our backyard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Blackberry Curve 3300 could go five days on one charge, course it couldn't do much besides email and light web browsing. As much as the MAXX can do I am thoroughly impressed it can go two days on one charge. Like it has been said before this phone has set a new benchmark that all future phones will be compared to for the foreseeable future.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe I heard my name mentioned!! :biggrin:

Im on Tapatalk and just realized what your avatar is haha. Get Smart was a pretty funny show. We got the complete series for my dad a few years ago and we've watched it at least twice

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Blackberry Curve 3300 could go five days on one charge, course it couldn't do much besides email and light web browsing. As much as the MAXX can do I am thoroughly impressed it can go two days on one charge. Like it has been said before this phone has set a new benchmark that all future phones will be compared to for the foreseeable future.

I totally agree. It's a game-changer.

Im on Tapatalk and just realized what your avatar is haha. Get Smart was a pretty funny show. We got the complete series for my dad a few years ago and we've watched it at least twice

It's so funny how sometimes things just fall into place. My cell phone number includes only 3 numbers (other than the area code)...8,6, & 0, so 86 as in Agent 86. The last 4 digits of my cell phone number as mentioned are 8000, as Motorola 8000X. I'm a moderator on a cell phone forum, and Maxwell Smart had many portable phones, most notable was the Shoe Phone.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2 with voice to text translation. Please pardon minor errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The old days for me were episodes of knight rider, air-wolf, watching scooby doo, ninja turtles... playing double dragon on the Nintendo. Then sonic came out on sega... then started the console war of yesterday year lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Oh, and I'm using a MAXX (MAXwell Smart) ;)

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2 with voice to text translation. Please pardon minor errors.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
94lt1 said:
The old days for me were episodes of knight rider, air-wolf, watching scooby doo, ninja turtles... playing double dragon on the Nintendo. Then sonic came out on sega... then started the console war of yesterday year lol.

My kids got Sega with my buddy, Sonic! I conquered my kids on that game. Could go through every level... took six hours from level 1 to the final level. No "save and come back for later" feature on that console. I was a closet junkie on that thing... put kids to bed and on to Sega!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My kids got Sega with my buddy, Sonic! I conquered my kids on that game. Could go through every level... took six hours from level 1 to the final level. No "save and come back for later" feature on that console. I was a closet junkie on that thing... put kids to bed and on to Sega!

Lol... I had a feeling you were holding out on us :):D

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Top Gun on Nintendo is still the bane of my existence, getting all the way through a mission just to crash on the landing.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I rocked on that game, I always fly low n fast and use the sparrow missiles and alot of machine gun fire. Landing isn't that hard lol. Just keep your nose pulled up that way if you need to climb you just accelerate, if you need to go lower, just tap the brakes ;)