if any maxx owner previously had a bionic, I'd like to hear from you

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
To recap, I had the same problem with my droidX. It was a great phone for the time til it got a system upgrade, then, it to became a crappy phone. Slowed down to a crawl, And awful battery life. Here re the reasons why I'm giving samsung a try. When my friends with samsung phones get a system upgrade, they never have to do a FDR. Their phones still work properly. Then there's the camera issue. Moto refuses to listen to their customers who want a good camera. And I was hoping for that with the droid razr maxx hd and also more ram. And what about a quad core? If moto really wanted to impress, they'd have gone all out. That's exactly what Sammy did with the note 2. Just read the reviews. Quad core, 2 gigs ram, at great camera, super size battery, and great build quality. All at a very good price. Not to mention all the other things this beast can do. I'm a Verizon customer so I've got to the 29th of November to wait. In the meantime I tested drove the note 2 at a us cellular store and just couldn't believe it. I was on a sup-par network, and the results, speed were staggering. I just can't wait. And as for size, we'll, it's bigger but not enough to hinder. It still fits easily into a pants pocket or shirt pocket. And, yes, you can use it with one hand because of samsung ingenious method of being able to move the keyboard to either side of the phone for either right or left handed use. I could go on, but these are just a few things that separate the ok, from the great.

Reaction score
To recap, I had the same problem with my droidX. It was a great phone for the time til it got a system upgrade, then, it to became a crappy phone. Slowed down to a crawl, And awful battery life. Here re the reasons why I'm giving samsung a try. When my friends with samsung phones get a system upgrade, they never have to do a FDR. Their phones still work properly. Then there's the camera issue. Moto refuses to listen to their customers who want a good camera. And I was hoping for that with the droid razr maxx hd and also more ram. And what about a quad core? If moto really wanted to impress, they'd have gone all out. That's exactly what Sammy did with the note 2. Just read the reviews. Quad core, 2 gigs ram, at great camera, super size battery, and great build quality. All at a very good price. Not to mention all the other things this beast can do. I'm a Verizon customer so I've got to the 29th of November to wait. In the meantime I tested drove the note 2 at a us cellular store and just couldn't believe it. I was on a sup-par network, and the results, speed were staggering. I just can't wait. And as for size, we'll, it's bigger but not enough to hinder. It still fits easily into a pants pocket or shirt pocket. And, yes, you can use it with one hand because of samsung ingenious method of being able to move the keyboard to either side of the phone for either right or left handed use. I could go on, but these are just a few things that separate the ok, from the great.

Unfortunately the call reception sucks. The most important thing a phone has to do is be a phone. I have yet to have a Samsung phone that isn't horrible at it.

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
I had no problems making calls on the note 2. I also asked many friends who own Samsung phones and they have no issues. Read 8 independent reviews on this phone, all said great call quality on both ends. So, i'm giving it a try. If there are issues, I can return it.

Purplfreak

Reaction score
I am a Bionic victim...have a Razr MAXX now and am much happier! Id still like to sue the snot out of Moto and VZW tho! :(

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
Like I've stated before, got my bionic on week 1 and have loved it. Absolutely no issues. It was very fast. Performed everything I could throw at it. UNTIL THE ICS UPDATE. it now sucks. I truly believe moto did it on purpose to get us to buy another phone. But, I'm getting a galaxy note 2. Haha, moto, the jokes on you.

MX91

Reaction score
I have the maxx and my gf has the bionic and she had a some mess up as soon as she got ICS but it seems to be working fine now