Fresh new Maxx, what now?

causan

Reaction score
So the UPS man is bringing mine and the Mrs new Maxx tomorrow. I am planning on updating right away but other then that is there anything else you guys recommend to do? Should I root right away, or wait, or maybe root before updating? Should I let the battery run out all the way before recharging? Any must have apps or must remove bloatware? FYI we are both coming from rooted D1's so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

lowfatdog

Reaction score
Most people agree, do not let your battery drain all the way down. this info was posted in another thread (I take no credit)

Simple Guidelines for Charging Lithium-based Batteries
  • A portable device should be turned off while charging. This allows the battery to reach the threshold voltage unhindered and reflects the correct saturation current responsible to terminate the charge. A parasitic load confuses the charger.
  • Charge at a moderate temperature. Do not charge below freezing.
  • Lithium-ion does not need to be fully charged; a partial charge is better.
  • Chargers use different methods for “ready” indication. The light signal may not always indicate a full charge.
  • Discontinue using charger and/or battery if the battery gets excessively warm.
  • Before prolonged storage, apply some charge to bring the pack to about half charge.
  • Over-discharged batteries can be “boosted” to life again. Discard pack if the voltage does not rise to a normal level within a minute while on boost.

R

RETG

I have never turned off any of my small (or even large) electronic devices, with Lithium-ion batteries (including the Lithium-Ion Polymer like on the Razr) to charge. NEVER! And I have never needed to replace a battery in under two years. For phones, never kept one over two years, and the backup I keep still has a good battery; going on 3.5 years now.
So, not sure about bullet one. The other bullets are logical or good info.

Someone should do a poll and see if anyone actually turns off their phone to charge it. I wouild be curious, but not curious enough to do a poll.:biggrin:

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I just got mine today... I am not going to root just yet. I did install Go Launcher after about 10 mins... not sure I gave Moto a chance but I like how I can customize Go. As for the battery I have read the above several times in the forum...don't drain top off etc etc...

As for the bloatware from what I have read it doesn't drain the phone or take up much space so for now until I decide if I want to root or not I am just using the 'hide' option.

hope to see more answers while I am still playing with my phone :)